Upgrade issues

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
yzpmpgq

Upgrade issues

Postby yzpmpgq » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:37 am

I usually upgrade as a last resort because I always have SOME type of issue, but I wanted to try the iPad screens and figured upgrading MLServer from 3.75.204 to 3.75.229 wouldn't be a big deal, right? All I have done is upgraded MLServer, turned ON the user web server and changed the name of the webserver to the IP instead of the hostname. Now, my MLHSPlugin is broken. The Homeseer side can't connect, so it disables the plugin. I can enable it, they both connect (but don't do any commands I send) and a few seconds later, it loses the connection again.

The worst part is the remote desktop drops. I control everything with touchscreens and after a minute or so, the connection is "lost" and will not come back up for several minutes. I can then connect and a minute later, BAM, it drops again...

Is there anything in the upgrade that would have caused port issues? Nothing else has been changed on my systems for months...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade issues

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:22 am

There is nothing in that MLServer update that would do that. Since you are saying that your RDP sessions drop it sounds like your NIC card may be powering down to save energy. Check the settings on the NIC card and make sure all power saying features are turned off. Make sure that Windows itself isn't going into sleep mode and in general turn off all Windows power plan features that would affect server performance and availability.

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Well, that's the thing, this PC has been stable and working, NEVER dropping RDP until I upgraded. It will only hold a sesion for 15-20 seconds before dropping and when it is dropped and won't connect (2-3 minutes), you can ping the server, open IE on the server, etc just fine. I also killed Mainlobby and MLServer, connected with Remote Desktop and... it never dropped till I launched MLServer.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:47 pm

There has to be something else going on as MLServer in no way interferes with Windows RDP. They are totally separate processes running on totally separate ports. Do the Windows event logs for application and system have any interesting information in them?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Could you have used same ip:port for mlserver that RDP is using?

Return to “MLServer 3”