Stream video from another PC through MLServer?

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Stream video from another PC through MLServer?

Postby simonmason » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:47 am

My server running MainLobby has no spare slots in it due to the audio cards running MusicLobby. So I put my video capture card connected to my security cameras in my HomeSeer server (which is next the other server). Would MLMediaStream allow me to stream the video in on the other server through MLServer to my touchscreens?

And if so, I tried to enable MLMediaStream on my server to play around with it and it gives me a VB Err #0 - is it dependent on another plugin that I may have disabled also? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stream video from another PC through MLServer?

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:41 pm

MLMediaStream was never released as a supported plugin. It was simply an experiment. I'd stay away from the plugin for now. What streaming capability do the existing cards have? Can you open a web age to the streams?

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:35 pm

It's an old Hauppauge WinTV 878/9 WDM capture card. I use it with Homeseer where I have a plugin that allows me to stream from it - although video quality is not great! It uses Windows Media and is on port 2407. I mostly use it to snap pictures of all of the cameras attached to my matrix controller and then I display those images in various MainLobby scenes.
Simon D. S. Mason

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:18 am

Simon,

I'd highly recommend the Axis 241s streaming video server. It's external therefore won't use any server resources. Works great combined withour Axis Client Side ActiveX Streaming Video Window. Playback is smooth as well.

You can usually find some good deals on them on eBay.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “MLServer 3”