Error in MLProcess

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Error in MLProcess

Postby simonmason » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:08 pm

System MLProcess Error at line #3180 - Object doesn't support this property or method

I see this in the log a couple of times a day. Sometimes it is line 3160. I see other postings on the board with similar errors but none are exactly the same. Thoughts? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error in MLProcess

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Line 3180 is where MLServer asks a plugin for its list of Alias names. What must be happening is that one of the plugins that you have loaded is claiming to be a member of a family but does not know how to respond to family functions. Do you have any really old or odd plugins loaded?

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:02 am

Since I cleaned out the plugins I have not received the error (so far). When a plugin is disabled is it still loaded in memory? Should I go in and actually remove the dlls for plugins that I am not using or is this not necessary? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Disabling is good enough. If you know you are never going to use the plugin then delete it out of the plugins folder. Why clutter the list with inactive plugins?

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:06 am

The error seems to have returned. Error at line #3180 - Object variable or With block variable not set. Not a big deal but I am trying to figure out what it is.
Simon D. S. Mason

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:11 am

You will need to post logs or lists of plugins and versions.
But, as DaveP said, first thing is to validate you are using the very latest of every plugin and ML component.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:39 am

What is happening is that you have a plugin installed that claims to be a member of a family but does not have the routines in it to respond to family style commands. Specifically the "GetAliases" command. Then you have a command being executed using the syntax of the family. This may be by design or by accident by naming a command macro using a family name. In any event MLServer is trying to execute the command. It does not find a command map by that name so it is trying to find the family plugin to process the request. Then it dies on line 3180. So if you post the MLServer event log I may be able to tell you what plugin is in error and what the command being executed is.

Return to “MLServer 3”