MLServer shutting down - error 193

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

MLServer shutting down - error 193

Postby Oronomus » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:30 am

I am getting an occasional error that is shutting down MLServer and preventing me from restarting without a system reboot.

"### Internal Error, cannot load engine Number 1 due to error 193".

It is locking up during MusicLobby plugin download. Any ideas how to fix this. Thanks, -O

Looks like the attached:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: MLServer shutting down - error 193

Postby Oronomus » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:05 am

More Info:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:17 pm

That is the music activex component we use trying to initialize itself with your soundcard and it is failing. Have you installed the latest version of MusicLobby? I want to make sure you are using the 2010 version of the activex sound controls. What soundcard(s) do you have? Drivers up to date? Any other sound apps running on the PC that might be sharing the soundcard(s)?

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:48 am

Problem seemed to occur when Streaming music was left on overnight - I would wake up and MLServer would be shut down. I switched the default audio from a PCI card (Creative SB 64) to the onboard sound (Realtek AC'97Audio). Haven't had the problem since.

Drivers for both audio sources were up to date and current version of MusicLobby (3.75.221.0) was installed during this whole episode. If I experience the problem again, I will remove the PCI card. If that doesn't work, I'll report back. Thanks for the help...

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Dave,

Still getting this problem after:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled current driver for onboard soundcard - Realtek AC'97
2. Removed the Sound Blaster PCI sound card and uninstalled its drivers.
3. Using current version of ML Server (3.75.221.0).
4. Using current version of MusicLobby (3.75.223).
5. Made sure no other apps are running that might be trying to share the soundcard

The problem seems to occur when internet streaming radio is left on for an extended period. My wife leaves it running most days, and it runs fine for several hours, then MLServer will shut down and will post the "Cannot Load Engine No. 1" error until I do a system reboot.

Any ideas where to go from here?? I am running Windows Home Server on an Asus A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard.

Thanks for the help.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:03 pm

I can only assume that there is some incompatibility with the sound drivers and network streaming that is causing the activex sounds controls we are using to die. That's the "engine" errors you are seeing. Since Windows Home Server does not include support for sound cards (even though you can force feed the drivers) my best suggestion will be to move MLServer to a PC running an OS that natively supports sound cards. Do you have any spare PCs hanging around?

Return to “MLServer 3”