mlserver sends command to wrong theatertek client

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
garycarr

mlserver sends command to wrong theatertek client

Postby garycarr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:57 pm

I have a stock installation of all the latest versions (installed 3 days ago) and I am testing a local client (on the same OS at the ML server) and 1 remote client on a networked pc. Both computers have the theatertek soft player installed as well as the mainlobby 3 client installed. The MLTheatertek plugin details shows both computers connected on the autokill port. These computers have the alias of TT1 and TT2. TT1 is the local client and it is configured for autokill on port 2664 & tt on port 2663. TT2 is configured for autokill on port 2665 and TT on port 2666. Both clients connect fine on autokill and tt if I launch the Teatertek DVD app manually. The problem I am having is that the ML server will only send commands to one of the clients and seems to be whichever client connects initially after starting up mlserver. The DVDLoppy plugin is sending the command to the correct client but the TheaterTek plugin only sends to that first connected client.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Gary

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: mlserver sends command to wrong theatertek client

Postby DavidL » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:21 pm

You don't change the port for a different client...you change the IP address / PC network name. Keep the ports the same across the PCs.

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:52 pm

I've tried it both ways including setting the alias from TTx to 001 & 002 and using the same and different ports. Is there a way for me to determine that dvdlobby is able to resolve the {{clientname}} variable? When I have the ports set to the same for both clients I don't see and entries in the theatertek plugin event log.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Make sure that your ports are open. Do this as a test: Turn off all firewalls. If it then works, yo know the issue. As long as the remote PC can be accessed over the network from the host PC, then all should work.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks for the reply. All firewalls are disabled as this is on a private lan behind a firewall. In the theatertek plugin settings the ak status is showing connected on both clients and if I manually start the player teh tt status will go to connected so I think the network is fine. Should the alias match the machine name or should it be 001, 002, etc?

Thanks,

Gary

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:24 pm

That is it - Allias must match the machine name.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:35 pm

ok, should I adding a MLServeCmd to override the default PLAY MOVIE command under the DISC tab of the dvdlobby?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:31 pm

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:12 am

I still can only get 1 mainlobby client to work at a time. Is it possible that this is a limitation of the demo software?

Both clients will work as long as I only define 1 client in the theatertek plugin.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 pm

There aren't any limitations on the demo.

Does the TheaterTek plugin show it as connected?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. They both show connected on the AK port and they will show connected on the TT port when/if I open the Theatertek application and if I just have one remote client listed in the theatertek plugin it works flawlessly. The problem is when I have more than 1 remote client listed in the plugin it will always connect to the first client.

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 pm

When I add a new remote to the theatertek plugin it automatically puts a alias of DVD_1, DVD_2, etc in the alias column and that seems to jive with what is in the MLServer Vars tab such as Play Title = DVD_<<ID>>_PlayTitle but when I use that alias I'm not able to send any commands to remote clients. It doesn't even show anything in the event log. The version of the plugin is 3.5.146

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Ok, I can put the following string in MLServerCmd to override the default play movie command and the correct theatertek client gets launched on the machine defined in the theatertek plugin.

AV.DVD_2|PLAYFILE~<<FILE>> and AV.DVD_1|PLAYFILE~<<FILE>>

The default theatertek play movie command under the remote tab is

AV.TT{{media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer}}|Play

It doesnt seem like the server knows what these variables are. How can I confirm that these variables are working?

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm starting to believe that there is something wrong with the MLServer software. I've removed all of the software and reinstalled from scratch and tried to use the vlc player this time and again I have to define the alias name directly in the string either in the override MLServCMD or by sending a command directly from the server to get it to work.

Are any of these apps being actively maintained? Most of the threads on this board are pretty old and help thus far has been one liners at best.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:12 am

The threads are mostly old because the apps work. What is the exact problem you are having now? If you monitor the client service logs on the client machines when you are firing off commands via MLS, you should see the commands being executed at the client. Fire the commands directly from MLS for now; get it working there, then introduce a touchscreen. Take small steps and you will locate the issue. If you are not seeing the commands in the client service log at the client, then something is not configured correctly.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “MLServer 3”