Disabiling UAC requires reconfiguring all setting

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
Clever1

Disabiling UAC requires reconfiguring all setting

Postby Clever1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Has anyone experienced having to reconfigure all MLServer settings to include the plugin configs after disabling UAC?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disabiling UAC requires reconfiguring all setting

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Yes - this is by Microsoft's design. If you mistakenly install the software with UAC turned on then the user gets their own private copy of the system registry. A lot of settings are stored in the registry and when you eventually turn off UAC you revert back to using the main copies of Windows system components. Hence you lose your private registry and stored settings. Always turn UAC off as soon as you install the OS.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:58 am

You can get them back. When UAC is on your modified files are stored in AppData\Local under your user account.

You can simply go get those files and put them in the program files\mlserver directory in the correct folders. As for registry stuff, I don't think it is what causes you to have to do all the reconfiguration work, it is the .ini and .mdb files that are placed in your Local area instead of allowing you to write to program files.

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:15 am

Thankx but I have already reconfigured everything... Seemed to be the easiest option... Guess I should have read the MLServer installation manual a little better.... I was really concerned that disabling or enabling UAC would cause other issues...

Return to “MLServer 3”