MLServer startup issues after driver updates

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

MLServer startup issues after driver updates

Postby DaveB » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Dave;
I updated the following to a perfectly good server, and I am now attempting to figure out what went wrong. With no roll back, it is tough;

I updated MLHAI, MLMusicLobby anf installed the Pentair pool family and driver.

I restarted MLS and got this error after multiple attempts;

Faulting application ClientSvc.exe, version 3.90.0.8, time stamp 0x4bb234ec, faulting module AdjMmsEng.dll, version 8.1.0.17, time stamp 0x4c174ac7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0014d3bc, process id 0x3a0, application start time 0x01cb161f4beebd04.

and this

Faulting application MLServer.exe, version 3.75.0.129, time stamp 0x4ba29a46, faulting module AdjMmsEng.dll, version 8.1.0.17, time stamp 0x4c174ac7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0014d3bc, process id 0x%9, application start time 0x%10.

The load always crashes at MLMusicLobby, so I moved the DLL temporarily. I got MLS to load without music lobby. I can not start MLClientSvc as it also crashed with the same error.

So server is running; Music Lobby will not start and Client Service will not start. I did not update anything other than listed above. Hey on a good note; Pentair started and connected to my device - Great.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLServer startup issues after driver updates

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:19 pm

You will have to shut down MLServer.exe and ClientSvc.exe on the server prior to installing the new version of the Musiclobby plugin. It includes a couple of updated music control dlls that cannot be overwritten if either one of those programs are running. You should have seen this warning during install unless you have "Install silent" checked off.

Also, the Pentair plugin has not been tested by anyone. I have no idea if it even works. I am waiting on the integrator who commissioned the plugin to get his system up and running for me to test it. Unless you're interested in debugging a plugin I'd stay away from it for now. however, I would be interested in knowing if it works for you.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:59 pm

I had everything shut down when I did the update and the update proceeded with no error. I will run it once more and post the results. So you think that this is definitely Music Lobby that did this? I will also reload Client Service.

On the Pentair; it connects. I do not see the data points, but that may be a config on the pentair end. I will test it out. I had the Pentair running prior back through my Elan and it worked great (until the elan crashed). I have not attempted anything with it in a year.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Dave - Did the reinstall of Music Lobby after I verified that everything was shutdown with the same results. The only other item I had originally updated today was MLTImer. I am going to try a MLS reinstall and will let you know.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Your issues are with MusicLobby since the dll errors you are getting are related to the new music controls. Find them in your System32 folder and delete them. Then reinstall.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Got it - will do that a bit later and report back.

Thanks!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Dave;
AdjMMSEng.dll version 8.1.0.17 dated 6/15/10 is the issue as you suspected. Doing the manual pull out and install did nothing. Same results. I am running MLS on Server2008. If I do not load Music Lobby, all is well except for client service, as that will also no longer load on the MLS server.

Let me know what you think is next.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Try to Regsvr32 that file by hand. What happens? Do you have the latest version of DirectX installed on that server?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Dave;
So what does this mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:04 pm

That means that it is a plain vanilla DLL and not an ActiveX dll that needs to be registered. It has a dependency on DirectX 9. Do you know if Server 2008 comes with DirectX 9?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Dave;
Running DX 10. See the diagnostic screen shot below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:38 pm

So Dave - Any further followup on this?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:56 am

it is best for me to remote into your system to see what is going on. tell me how.

michael(fl)

Postby michael(fl) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:43 pm

CinemarDave wrote:You will have to shut down MLServer.exe and ClientSvc.exe on the server prior to installing the new version of the Musiclobby plugin. It includes a couple of updated music control dlls that cannot be overwritten if either one of those programs are running. You should have seen this warning during install unless you have "Install silent" checked off.

Also, the Pentair plugin has not been tested by anyone. I have no idea if it even works. I am waiting on the integrator who commissioned the plugin to get his system up and running for me to test it. Unless you're interested in debugging a plugin I'd stay away from it for now. however, I would be interested in knowing if it works for you.

I am in the processing of redo-ing the pool equipment - which Pentair device is the plugin for?

thanks,
michael

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:47 pm

The Pentair plugin is for the entire line. It supports the entire protocol set. However I am still waiting for the customer to get his pool up and running so that I can debug the plugin. I need to test this plugin on a live system.

Return to “MLServer 3”