MLServer mysteriously stops

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
Cecil

MLServer mysteriously stops

Postby Cecil » Fri May 28, 2010 12:07 pm

After successfully starting up, MLServer will then mysteriously crash without any warning and nothing showing why in the log. It may take 5 minutes or it may take two days, but it will inevitably crash. I'm running windows 7 and MLServer 3.75.129.

The attached log is similar to every other one. I purposely did not send any commands to ML server as I wanted to see if it would just crash on its own. It did.

I've tried turning off various plugins, but no success. I guess I need to try turning them all off and see what happens. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cecil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: MLServer mysteriously stops

Postby mcascio » Fri May 28, 2010 3:12 pm

When it crashes, is there any hint as to the reason why or some type of error/popup?

I noticed you have the MLHSPlugin installed? Make sure that port is NOT on 5004 - that is the port that MLSERVER and the clients use. I think they default the port to 2xxx something.

I'd also eliminate MLINtellicast as that is no longer a valid plugin and has been replaced with MLWeatherLobby.

Eliminate MLFootball unless you are using it.

Start here and let us know what happens.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

fcwilt

Postby fcwilt » Sat May 29, 2010 8:26 am

Your not alone. I'm having the same issue and have yet to find a pattern or cause. Still hopeful.
Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

Cecil

Postby Cecil » Sat May 29, 2010 12:54 pm

There is no dialog box or log entry that provides any info as to why the crash occurs. The system just displays a Windows 7 dialog box that says "ML server has stopped working'".

MLHSPlugin is not on port 5004.

Here's what I've now done. Uninstalled all cinemar products using the control panel application. Additionally went to the plugins and data folders and deleted any lingering plugins or plugin related data. Reinstalled MLSever with only the default plugins that come with it. It has now been running for almost 24 hours without a crash in this configuration.

However, two strange things hapened. First, MLScript shows an error on the plugins page when MLServer starts up. The error is "Not Loaded. (VB Err# 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument)". Whe I click on the check box, it seems to start up OK and the error message disappears.

Second, MLWorker starts up with the final digit missing of the port number. In the port number box it initially shows "629" when I open the plugin. I have to type the "5" and then the plugin connects. I can't find where I can save the entire port number.

I'll keep you updated.

Cecil

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 pm

sounds like rights issues and a bum registry. Go into regedit and export the HKLM\Software\Cinemar registry hive to a file. Then after a successful export delete the Cinemar key and all sub-keys. Exit RegEdit and then double-click on the file that you just exported to re-add the registry values. See if that helps. If you are still seeing VB type errors when starting MLServer let me know. Are you an administrator? Has UAC been turned off?

Cecil

Postby Cecil » Sat May 29, 2010 1:26 pm

Closed MLServer. Did export from Regedit. Deleted entries. Reinserted entries by running exported file. Started MLServer.

Success. MLSciprt and MLWorker errors are gone.

I am administrator and UAC is definitely off.

Next I'll start re-installing plugins and see what happens.

Thanks,
Cecil

Return to “MLServer 3”