Gif2SWF JUICING my server!!

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
cadillackid

Gif2SWF JUICING my server!!

Postby cadillackid » Fri May 21, 2010 6:37 pm

I have noticed for a while now that my main server goes sluggish on me at times... i finally figured out that GIF2SWF belongs to mainLobby in some sort of fashion.. it runs my CPU up to 50% by itself on a Dual Core Xeon machine with 4 gigs of RAM... this machine is shared with homeseer and with 3 ML clients on terminal server as well as my master HVAC control software.. and MusicLobby...

is there a way to make this not eat up my machine so much? it makes everything slow down and happens OFTEN.. it seems to run every minute or 2 and will hang the machine up for 30-45 seconds each time....
-Christopher

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Re: Gif2SWF JUICING my server!!

Postby rileydog » Fri May 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Many posts on this - see in weatherlobby.

Make sure no maps are selected in WeatherLobby that are animated GIF's - if you have no animated maps selected, the program will not be used.

There are posts on other options to setup animated gifs if you still want them...

cadillackid

Postby cadillackid » Fri May 21, 2010 9:05 pm

wierd thing i had de-selected all of my animated maps but could still see the SWF being downloaded.. so I restarted MLServer.. still same.. I had to actually reboot the physical machine to cancel the maps.. MUCH better now... I was reading where there are scripts and a way to get animated radars in Weblobby...

however the way im going to go is i set up a capture of a local cable channel radar and am using JPGloader to grab it and that works good and doesnt use such resources...

-Christopher

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat May 22, 2010 6:23 am

Chris; Go here http://forum.cinemaronline.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=15706 for the Radar file that I optimized. My main drive in doing this was due to the exact issue you were having. That little program was taking down my quad core processor. I killed it and actually deleted it from my system. I use standard maps in weatherlobby along with the moving radar display. Note that the radar display web app that comes with weatherlobby also does not work due to intelicast changes.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLServer 3”