MLS 3.75.129 Bug

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
monteourdog

MLS 3.75.129 Bug

Postby monteourdog » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:27 pm

I believe that 3.75.129 as of March 18th, 2010 is the latest.

When opening (editing) Marco Commands, the Command Map Editor window opens as small as it possibly can and will not remember its last open state (size/position) when closed and opened again. This occurs for every maco selected and none will remember a window size - all open as small as possible.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLS 3.75.129 Bug

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:26 pm

What you are seeing is MLServer restoring these forms to the state they were in when MLServer was last shut down. This represents the "minimized" state. MLServer tries to remember how you left your forms because most users like them the way they leave them. I suspect you have these forms minimized when you shut down MLServer.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Dave; With 129, I think it is a bug. After restart, the container locations are not saved and sizes are not saved. Everything is still open, but everything is piled on top of each other in the center of the server window.

Also, on two occasions so far, when I used the hide server button, it really did hide server! The icon went away and there was no way to access MLS without shutting it down and restarting MLS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 pm

I cannot reproduce that here. Do a test for me. Export you HKLM\Software\Cinemar registry hive. Then delete it. After deleting the key double-click the reg file to reload the registry settings. Does that change anything? Your settings are not being restored because MLServer cannot read or write the registry.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:45 am

CinemarDave wrote:I cannot reproduce that here. Do a test for me. Export you HKLM\Software\Cinemar registry hive. Then delete it. After deleting the key double-click the reg file to reload the registry settings. Does that change anything? Your settings are not being restored because MLServer cannot read or write the registry.

Thanks Dave - I will try this out tonight and let you know the results.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Hey there Master Dave; Once more you hit it on the head. Did what you said above and like magic, everything was back to normal. Something must have gone wacky with the last update when I loaded it.

Thanks for the assist as always.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

jstaab

Postby jstaab » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 am

I've stumbled across this issue as well and have not been able to remedy the problem. The macro command editor displays in a small box everytime that you must manually enlarge to use it, rather annoying. I've deleted the mentioned registry, then re-imported, and that did not help the issue. Interestingly enough, I deleted the registory hive, let MLServer rebuild it (not import), and then the problem was resolved, until I exited, then restarted, then the issue re-surfaced. A couple of points here, this is running under Windows 7, 64 bit, logged in with an account that is a member of administrators, running MLServer as administrator, with XP compatibility NOT checked, UAC turned as low as it will go. I can tell you that MLServer is reading and writing to the registry just fine as I had to re-enter my license information and it stored that information without any problems. Also, as a note, the registry information is being stored in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Cinemar. So if it can read/write the reigstration information, why would it have issues reading the window layout and/or other information?

jstaab

Postby jstaab » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:21 am

Can you tell me which registry entries hold the top, left, width and height for the Macro Command Editor? Is it the ICMap entries?

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:59 am

Similar problem here since last upgrade of MLS.

Picture 1 is how I have the layout set when I close MLS. All windows distrubted horizontally with Command Maps open.

Picture 2 is how it looks when I start MLS. Windows lost position and no command maps window.

Picture 3 is how the command map editor window looks when I open it. Command map editor window very small for most and a little larger for some.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 am

Version 3.75.194 of MLServer will resolve the command map sizing bug. It will also eliminate the issues some users have had with incorrectly reading some registry values.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Dave,

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! This bug has been a major pia.

Take the rest of the day off! :D

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Not sure if this is related but while doing some other work my MLS got power cycled (well, I actually tripped over the power lead...). Now m MLS locks up at "restoring forms" and won't complete loading.

any ideas?
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

Return to “MLServer 3”