MLServer3 iPhone Script Sharing

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
Scott

Postby Scott » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:19 am

This is what I've done so far. The index.html file is still generic but that you should be able to fix that yourself. My next steps are to:
-Add a DVD control page to control my multidisc DVD player
-Modify the DVDLobby page so I can select which computer will display the move.
-Make the DVDLObby page a single .html page where you can scroll down to select the Movie controls.
-Add MusicLobby control

My wife and I were talking and we see real potential of the Iphone/Itouch as a great multimedia control unit. For ~$300 dollars you have a fully functional two-way remote control using Cinemar's MLServer. Its nice to come home and press a couple buttons on my Iphone and I'm watching ESPN!!!! Then my daughter takes it away from me and starts watching Word World, doh!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott
InControl

jmantas

Postby jmantas » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:37 am

Thanks Scott... will give it a shot today.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Tue May 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Scott,

Have you given any thought to how you might build a page for music control (if you're planning that)?

Currently much of the music control thru Mainlobby is directly thru MLMediaCenter. So I'm curious if you've got thoughts on how to overcome that.
- Funboy

Scott

Postby Scott » Wed May 07, 2008 4:23 pm

I believe their are server variables for MLMediaCenter. If not then you would not be able to customize the MLLobby screens for MediaCenter
Scott

InControl

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Sun May 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Well I started down the path of creating some iPhone web pages for music control. The challenge I'm running into is that many of the variables needed are not automatically created. There doesn't appear to be a DVDLobby GetMovieDetail equivalent. For example, there is no curalbum or curtitle variables.

So when I connect to MLSerever via the web, I am able to play, pause and stop music playing in a zone. But I cannot retrieve song information as those variables are not created. I know the variables are created when you interact thru MainLobby/MusicLobby, but they aren't created when you connect via the web server.

Do I need to somehow create them manually and then update them manually?
- Funboy

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Thu May 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Anyone have any suggestions on how I go about getting the variables such as curalbum or curtitle setup when accessing music via the web interface?
- Funboy

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

iPod Touch Music Control

Postby Funboy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Thought I would post an update on my project.

I've now successfully got my iPod Touch controlling whole house audio. I already had whole house audio control thru Mainlobby, so it was simply a matter of creating web pages for the iPod Touch.

I started with the MovieRemote.html sample screen that was provided by the Cinemar folks and then modified it.

I'm attaching a screen shot of what it looks like. The list boxes at the top allow me to select the zone, and the playlist I want to control. I cannot currently play anything other than playlist. I hope to add in a tree like control that will allow you to select any song ala MediaCenter's schema/view.

I am having one problem with this and that this the cover art and song information is not dynamically updating. I've put the MLServer variables into the PAGEVAR variable, but they aren't updating. I have to manually refresh the page to get the update information.

If anyone has any ideas on what I might be missing to get the info to update automatically (via AJAX), let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Funboy

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:09 am

Send me your html files and I'll have a look into why they are not refreshing.

Scott

Postby Scott » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:20 pm

I'm glad you got the music working. I haven't had time yet to spend on those screens yet.
Scott

InControl

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:07 pm

Dave,

I solve the variable refresh issue. Not quite exactly what it was, but I believe it was due to some malformed HTML/Javascript. The way I solve it was to rewrite the entire page from scratch while being extremely careful about ensuring all tags were properly closed and all variables declared.

Anyway it's working beautifuly except for 1 thing...

Dave, this is a problem that's been plaguing me for some time and if you could help me with it I would be eternally grateful. On my system the following URL:

http://192.168.1.50:8123/getImage?M%3A% ... ieve%2Ejpg

returns a 404. But this URL:

http://192.168.1.50:6246/getImage?M%3A% ... ieve%2Ejpg

works perfectly. (BTW...192.168.1.50 is my mlserver). The default coverart variable created by MLServer uses port 8123. But that doesn't resolve for me. I know it's not a firewall issue since I can't even resolve it locally.
HELP!!!
- Funboy

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:32 pm

Funboy,
Dave and I discussed this and he believes it is in the MusicLobbyserver.ocx webserver. We need to open it up and take a look.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Dave and Dave,

Thanks for looking into this for me. Hopefully you can crack open this baby and get it resolved fast :-)

Thanks for your help, and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.
- Funboy

Warthog

iphone html pages

Postby Warthog » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:43 am

I just purchased a couple iphones and would like to use them to control ML instead of purchasing a tablet. I dont have any html experience and would like to learn how to create these pages. Any suggestions on where to start? (Book/software program). I also downloaded Scott's iphoneweb.zip. Where do I need to put those files in MLServer to check them out? Thanks for any help! Steve

couj

Postby couj » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Has anyone taken a look at the "Airremote" app for the iPhone? It is supposed to be released at the same time as the 3G iPhone.

See www.airremote.com

The site states that it will be able to communicate with Crestron and AMX systems. Would Cinemar be intereted in working with this company so that it could also communicate with the ML products? This product is getting a lot of press and may be another way for Cinemar to market itself.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:18 pm

There is no need for Cinemar to work with airremote. MainLobby makes that solution look silly...

What is needed is for someone to gin up a remote control ajax UI that fires Command Maps. Then, you can use the USBIR6 to send the IR to the hardware (or any other MLServeCmd).

There are several users that are very qualified to do this bit of work. Cinemar would love to, just way too busy with core stuff that makes this stuff a reality.

Return to “MLServer 3”