Tips to Bulletproof for Realtor / House Showing

Post in this thread issues and solution you find with the MainLobby 3 Client

Tips to Bulletproof for Realtor / House Showing

Postby fnkpet » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:36 am

Hi all-.

After having my system up and running for 7 years now I will be moving and trying to sell the house. I have 5 ELO 15" touchscreens in wall (each attached to a computer in a rack), a computer that acts as a MLServer, and 3 HTPC's. I use MLS to control Music (serial connect to an ADA music system), Movies, Lighting, Pool Control, XM Radio, TV Listings, etc.

The family and I will be moving ahead as we try to sell the house so tech support (ME!) will be very far away.

Im looking fo ideas on how to best bullet proof the system so it stays very stable and perhaps 'auto corrects' if an issue arises.

So far I have thought of

1) changed BIOS so if a computer loses power it powers back up
2) Wrote server rule (schedule) that reverts ML to home screen 1X a day in the middle of the night.
3) Wrote a realto button to hit and turns on music (mellow) at a preset level in all zones at once

what else can people think of?

Periodic reboots?
Remote Ins?

Other things?

Re: Tips to Bulletproof for Realtor / House Showing

Postby Oronomus » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:08 am

A couple of things I tackled after trying early versions of sandforce ssd's that triggered frequent BSODs (win7):

1. Auto restart on BSOD - Right Click on “My Computer” and go to “Properties”. Then go to the “Advanced” tab and under the headline “Startup and Recovery”, press the “Settings” button. Tick the “Automatically Restart” box and press Ok. You don't want to do this if you are diagnosing BSODs, but it keeps the server running.

2. Auto login on restart - In the search line, type netplwiz, click on it above and press Enter. Untick the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box. You may be able to do this for a specified user by clicking the user name in the first box after netplwiz.

Of course, set MLServer or auto start on login and to minimize on restart.

Return to “MainLobby 3 Client”