Files lock once saved

Post in this thread issues and solution you find with the MainLobby 3 Client
Dkip

Files lock once saved

Postby Dkip » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:41 pm

It seems that every time I modify or create a new scene in my content folder, once I save it, the icon gets a lock symbol over top of it. At this point I can only access it on the computer that that client is running on. I often would like to create my content on one pc and then push the files to the folders on the other pc's that have clients but once this lock symbol appears I have zero access to the file. Is there any way to unlock?

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Re: Files lock once saved

Postby bigDvette » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:23 am

IF I understand what you are saying (that the file when you look at it in windows explorer has a lock over it), I think you are seeing this because you have UAC turned on and windows is actually saving your files in your C:\users\[username]\appdata folder which is where it puts changes to files in c:\program files\?????

One thing you can do is move your cinemar content out of c:\program files to some other directory on your computer. I have a shared drive on my network I put mine and then just change your startup folder to that location. I think that might solve your problem.

Beyond that, you can go to c:\users\[username]\appdata\Cinemar\content and get the newly created files.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Files lock once saved

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:16 pm

It is always recommended that you turn OFF UAC before installing and using our software.

Return to “MainLobby 3 Client”