Mainlobby install issue

Post in this thread issues and solution you find with the MainLobby 3 Client
mtrocino

Mainlobby install issue

Postby mtrocino » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:36 pm

I'm highly frsutrated trying to reinstall MainLobby on a client after a fresh install of Windows7. I had ML running on this machine for a long time but the hard drive died and had to reinstall Windows7. I'm seeing the "Old Flash Player" error that I've had many times before but until now have been able to get through it. I've tried everything I can find on the forum.

So I've unistalled MainLobby and Flash player. I'd apreciate it if someone could just explain what exact steps are needed to reinstall ML including the selections to make in the ML installer to avoid the flash issue.

Thanks,

MT

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Re: Mainlobby install issue

Postby bigDvette » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 pm

I'm not sure if you tried this, but the first time you launch the Mainlobby Client, right click the icon and tell it to run as administrator. You will get the OLE Error and then you close the client. Then you should be able to open it as normal.

mtrocino

Postby mtrocino » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Thansk, that was it!

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 pm

It sure would be nice to simply add the setting of the "Run as Administrator" option set during the installation. I have found that it is possible via this post I exacted from another site below:

You can programmatically set the "Run this program as an administrator" flag (the option you find in the Compatibility tab of an EXE's properties), by setting a simple registry key. You need to create a string value (REG_SZ) under one of these keys (if you want the setting to be per user or per machine, respectively):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

The name of the value needs to be the full path to your executable (if the path contains spaces, do not surround the path with quotes) and the data of the value must contain the string RUNASADMIN

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 pm

On Windows 7 systems I believe the correct key location is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Common\Layers

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Common\Layers

Return to “MainLobby 3 Client”