Library #0028 home screen not working

Post in this thread issues and solution you find with the MainLobby 3 Client
jwilcox767

Library #0028 home screen not working

Postby jwilcox767 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:41 pm

I just finished installing ML server/client/addons/etc and I know I messed something up b/c 2 things are happening:

1) When I start the mainlobby client, all of the home screen pics say 'image not found' and all point to something like http://{{server_servername}}:6246/GetImage?{{music_albumthumb_12_{{clientname}}}}|width=126|Height=126

and

2) ML Server doesn't want to start b/c of this error: Error at line #6180 - Connect, Listen or Open method failed. Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/IP address/port) is normally permitted. This error occurs if an application attempts to bind() a socket to an IP address/port that has already been used for an existing socket, or a socket that wasn't closed properly, or one that is still in the process of closing. For server applications that need to bind() multiple sockets to the same port number, consider using setsockopt(SO_REUSEADDR).

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Thanks!
-Justin

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Library #0028 home screen not working

Postby mcascio » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:10 am

What OS are you running? Did you have UAC turned off before installing everything? If not, you'll need to turn it off and then reinstall.

Then make sure in MLServer under Tools > Options > Network that a server domain name is listed under USER WEB SERVER DNS NAME or IP ADDRESS.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Error at line #6180 - Connect, Listen or Open method failed. Means something else is using port 6246 or 5004. Perhaps MLServer never shut down properly. Reboot should clear it. If it stays then something else is using those ports.

jwilcox767

Postby jwilcox767 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:18 pm

It is running on XP Pro, so UAC wasn't a factor. And the DNS name was filled in on the server and is able to be pinged from the client.
And yes, the reboot fixed the port issue.
Should I blow everything away or do you have some other things I should try?
Thanks
-Justin

jwilcox767

Postby jwilcox767 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Actually, it doesn't seem to matter what library I am using, every image in 'Edit' mode that references the main server by an HTTP link says 'Image Not Found'. Maybe that helps.
-Justin

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:23 am

Maybe related - maybe not. But I have seen netflixcollector.exe cause issues where ml clients can't connect..

Still troubleshootin.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Krumpy wrote:Maybe related - maybe not. But I have seen netflixcollector.exe cause issues where ml clients can't connect..

Still troubleshootin.

I had the same issue with NetFlixCollector.exe. Sometimes it hangs on the autoupdate. If so, you should be able to clear it with a CPU reboot.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:52 am

What? The NetflixCollector is a totally separate process. It does not communicate with MLServer. It does not communicate with any MainLobby client. All it does it write to a database file. I cannot see how it would ever prevent a Mainlobby client from connecting.

If you are still not seeing images then check your MLServer DNS name in the Tools menu. If this entry is not accurate you are not going to see any images in your clients.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:43 pm

I believe you Dave.

I'll keep looking into it.

jwilcox767

Postby jwilcox767 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Dave, sorry I let this thread die - we had a baby here. Kinda made this go on the back burner. Anyway, my DNS name is correct on the server and client. I even ran ML on the server with the server name set as localhost and it still does not load the images... Any ideas what it could be with that new info? What other info culd I give you?
Thanks
-Justin

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Impossible to speculate. Set up LogMeIn on your MLServer PC and one of the clients. Send me your LogMeIn info and pc access codes and I will remote in and look.

dlock

Postby dlock » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 am

I have a similar problem where one of my client PCs is no longer loading images.
To test I have created a new scene added a multi-line box with the Label set to the {{mlcallerid_image}} variable. I have added an Image and set the JPG to {{mlcallerid_image}} variable.
The variable resolves to "HTTP://192.168.4.80:6246/Images/CallerID/NotAvailable.jpg" which is correct and I can browse to ths URL in Internet Explorer on the troublesome client PC and it renders correctly, yet in ML it comes up Image Not Found (this is the same for all images on all scenes, e.g. WeatherLobby). My other clients work OK. I am not aware of changing anything on the client. I have upgraded ML to 3.00.152.4 but this has not effected any change. Client PC is WindowsXP. Firewall is OFF.
Rgds, Darren
Wales - United Kingdom

Return to “MainLobby 3 Client”