Check out this Screensaver

Post in this thread issues and solution you find with the MainLobby 3 Client
oaserani

Digital clock

Postby oaserani » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Mario -- checked all of those. I think I know what it is. Digital Clock font doesn't like alpha characters passed to it. I have to parse all the thermostat info from the RCS thermostats with a bunch of string functions on the server...if I force the variable to a numeric only, it works....now I need to figure out if I want to muck with the server logic to create a new var or try to "mask" it in the label (which I'm not sure how to do). I have nn xF in the variable where nn is the temp, x is the degree indication and F is fixed.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Yes - you'll need to present the font with only alpha and numeric characters.

I may be able to modify the font further and add the degree symbol right into it for these scenarios.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

oaserani

Digital Clock

Postby oaserani » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks. I fixed with the string logic on the server side and added the degree symbol and the F on the screens...a little distributed, but it will do. This might be trivial, but I spent some time doing it the hard way, and it's not optimized, but if anybody is trying to parse the info from Zwave thermostats in homeseer, which are not fully supported in mainlobby to the best of my knowledge, I have mlserver automation rules to do that. If you tell me how to export the rule text, I can post them in text. Here is a screen shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Wouldn't this be faster to perform the processing in HomeSeer?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Krump - I am a fan and know where you are coming from, but most including myself are attempting to reduce the number of applicatiuons required to control a home. It took me some time, but I am now down to two; MLS and HAI. It reduces upkeep, complexity and cost in the long run.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

oaserani

RCS thermostat parsing

Postby oaserani » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:44 pm

Krumpy -- it probably would be better to do in homeseer. I just didn't feel like writing script as I don't know any other way to parse it out. I got the source for the thermostat scripts from Homeseer and they still were cryptic to me. Maybe I'm getting lazy. The other thing is that it took almost 4 versions of HS to get the thermostats to actually behave properly, so I didn't want to even push my luck further.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Re: Check out this Screensaver

Postby donburkard » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 pm

when i use this command

MLConditional|IsEqual##{{{{BEDROOM1}}_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls####MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{BEDROOM1}}~0019_digital_clock.mls

to send ml into the "screen saver", just like you said, using the command line instead of the screen saver line, it works flawlessly. I also got in on other clients. Is that something to do with setting up the variables or is it something in the command line that isnt narrowing it down to just BEDROOM1?

thanks

This thing is real sweet by the way. nice job Mario. again.

oh yea, did you ever have any luck adding a little bell icon for an alarm clock symbol?
Hooked on HighDef

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:16 am

donburkard wrote:when i use this command

MLConditional|IsEqual##{{{{BEDROOM1}}_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls####MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{BEDROOM1}}~0019_digital_clock.mls

to send ml into the "screen saver", just like you said, using the command line instead of the screen saver line, it works flawlessly. I also got in on other clients. Is that something to do with setting up the variables or is it something in the command line that isnt narrowing it down to just BEDROOM1?

thanks

This thing is real sweet by the way. nice job Mario. again.

oh yea, did you ever have any luck adding a little bell icon for an alarm clock symbol?

donburkard,

I'm confused as to what you are trying to do and what is and isn't working by your statements above. In either case, what does BEDROOM1 equal in MLSERVER's Variable list? What is your goal?

Are you trying to just send your clientname BEDROOM1 to the screensaver after x minutes of inactivity from MLSERVER?

My guess is your clientname is BEDROOM1. If so, your command would look like:
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{BEDROOM1_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls####MLCmd|ChangeScene~BEDROOM1~0019_digital_clock.mls

I haven't had a chance to do an Alarm Clock icon. You can use the number 8 key in the ControlIcons font though. It looks like a clock.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:21 am

Are you trying to just send your clientname BEDROOM1 to the screensaver after x minutes of inactivity from MLSERVER?
Yes. And it worked but it ended up doing it to all my clients somehow.

My guess is your clientname is BEDROOM1. If so, your command would look like:
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{BEDROOM1_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls####MLCmd|ChangeScene~BEDROOM1~0019_digital_clock.mls
ill give that a whirl. Thanks

I haven't had a chance to do an Alarm Clock icon
no biggie. i can imagine how much other stuff you have on your mind.

You can use the number 8 key in the ControlIcons font though. It looks like a clock.
thank you. I appreciate it
Hooked on HighDef

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:24 pm

that command doesnt work at all
Hooked on HighDef

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Try:
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{{{Clientname}}_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls##DoNothing##MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{Clientname}}_~0019_digital_clock.mls

Are you checking the main stage or one of the overlays? If one of the overlays the command is different.

Make sure that 0019_digital_clock.mls is in whatever content folder you have set in the ML client.
J.J. Jukebox

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:07 pm

MLConditional|IsEqual##{{{{Clientname}}_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls##DoNothing##MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{Clientname}}_~0019_digital_clock.mls

doesnt do anything

Are you checking the main stage or one of the overlays? If one of the overlays the command is different.

where do overlays come into play? im in options>display

Make sure that 0019_digital_clock.mls is in whatever content folder you have set in the ML client.

it is right where its supposed to be

thanks
Hooked on HighDef

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Turn on the the event log to verbose and post the log entry when you invoke this command. that might help determining that the command is working and what the variable values are.
J.J. Jukebox

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:44 am

Like i said, it is working but for some reason it doesnt just set BEDROOM1. It sets them all. Now that said, if say for example i go down and click on another client it turns it back to the home scene on that perticular client and it does not affect any other clients and it does not come back on until i "reset" the BEDROOM1 client. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the help by the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hooked on HighDef

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:10 pm

First thing, the command should be either:
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{{{Clientname}}_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls##DoNothing##MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{Clientname}}_~0019_digital_clock.mls (will work with all clients)
or
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{BEDROOM1_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls##DoNothing##MLCmd|ChangeScene~BEDROOM1~10019_digital_clock.mls (wll only work for BEDROOM1 Client)
not
nMLConditional|IsEqual##{{{{BEDROOM1}}_currentscene}}##0019_digital_clock.mls##DoNothing##MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{BEDROOM1}}~0019_digital_clock.mls

The {{BEDROOM1}} is being translated to a nul value thus sending Changescene to no clients or all clients

Also make sure you do a save when you change the screensaver command and even exit and reload ML client.

Later
Last edited by jjjukebox on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J.J. Jukebox

Return to “MainLobby 3 Client”