Check out this Screensaver

Post in this thread issues and solution you find with the MainLobby 3 Client
mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Check out this Screensaver

Postby mcascio » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Post a screenshot of your MLSERVER CLIENTS window that shows a client named BEDROOM1 connected to MLSERVER.

Also, are you trying to send these commands from within MLSERVER's send command line?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:28 pm

BEDROOM1 is shown as myClient6 in the client window. Have tried it every way imaginable. no matter what i do it still changes every client. i even tried dumbing down your command to just
MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{myClient6}}~0019_digital_clock.mls

It still had the same results. All of my clients changed. I have tried all the commands both in mlserver command line and in the individual clients. both had the same results.

here is a screen shot that you asked for. As a side note should i rename each individual client to reflect there respective names?

thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hooked on HighDef

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:41 pm

If your client name is not BEDROOM1 then I'm not sure why you are trying to use BEDROOM1 since MainLobby or MLSERVER have no clue what BEDROOM1 is.

You need to use MyClient6 with the double curly brackets.

MLCmd|ChangeScene~myClient6~0019_digital_clock.mls

Using curly brackets means it will try to interpret myClient6 from within MLSERVER's variable listing.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Since your client name is myclient6 the command would be:
MLCmd|ChangeScene~myClient6~0019_digital_clock.mls

I dont under stand where BEDROOM1 come from since your client name is myclient6

You could try setting BEDROOM1 to myclient6 :
SetVariable|BEDROOM1~myclient6
then you could use:
MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{BEDROOM1}}~0019_digital_clock.mls

The {{myClient6}} variable is probably null and would give you those results.

Post a display of your myclient6 StartUp Options Panrel.

Later
J.J. Jukebox

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:58 pm

I am such a moron! :oops:

i thought because in mlclientsvc that client was BEDROOM1 it would translate the same to the commands.
I really should be strung up and shot for that.
thanks guys. i appreciate the help and am sorry for wasting your time.

thanks again
Hooked on HighDef

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:47 am

I wanted to wake up this thread and find out if anyone has any recommendations on randomly displaying photos on this "screensaver" scene. I currently use the Google Screensaver on my panels which does a nice job. I was planning to move to using this scene as a screensaver but have not yet figured out how to attack the random picture generation? Any thoughts?
Simon D. S. Mason

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:53 pm

1. Create a frame and in jpeg swf image, put this line of code: http://{{server_servername}}:xxxx/getimage?{{Saver_image}}|width=330|height=222|nocache

Where xxxx=your server port number and variable {{saver_image}} is a name of the jpg file in a folder called "savers" in the images folder in the MLserver directory

2. In the variable called "Saver_image" put this: http://???????:XXXXX/images/savers/{{image_1}}.jpg where ????? = server name or IP and xxxx=server port

3. Name your pictures 1,2,3,4, etc and write a rule to rotate thru them all every x seconds. Alternatively, most digital cameras append a serial number to each picture like dsc001, dsc002 so you could look for a variable dsc{{image#}} and add 1 to the number every x seconds.

4. To move the frame around the screen, create copies of your scene with the fram in different locations. When you call the screensaver create a variable for variations (SS top, ss bottom, ss, right, etc) and every X seconds, change the variable to something else, this way the ss will appear to move.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:00 pm

now that I think about it, to get a random file without a vb script....

I guess you could use directory tools to get a list of all pics in a folder, then use ml strings to get a character count for that string. Start a timer, when the timer reacher the character count, restart the timer

Use ml match to subtract the timer value from the variable with the number of characters in the string, (mostly random) then REGEX to get the filename between the pipes "|" and send that to your picture variable.

Makes sense (to me) in theory..

Return to “MainLobby 3 Client”