Mainlobby Client No Longer Launching - HELP!

Post in this thread issues and solution you find with the MainLobby 3 Client
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mainlobby Client No Longer Launching - HELP!

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:40 am

We're trying to nail down what update is killing the flash app. It might be the last Flash player from Adobe.

snx

Postby snx » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks Dave. I have the last 3 versions of Flash ActiveX (in msi format) if you need them for testing. My other Win 7 x64 machine is running fine with 10.3.181.26.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:16 pm

From my testing it appears that version 10.3.183.5 of Flash is the issue. It looks like Adobe has disabled Flash 6 content in this version. When I uninstalled 10.3.183.5 and went back to 10.3.181.34 everything went back to normal. So the suggestion if you have this issue is to uninstall flash using the utility the comes with the Mainlobby installer and then installing version 10.3.181.34. I've put a copy of that version on our server and you can download it here.

After you install the .34 version go into the control panel and find the Flash applet. Open it up and go to the last tab and turn off the automatic update of the flash player. This should keep you running.

Note: The MainLobby V4 client is not affected by this because it is written using Flash 10.

snx

Postby snx » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:43 pm

One more reason to move to version 4. Tried it in a virtual machine and it works.

Thanks again.

srgny
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby srgny » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Well this really sucks. To get ML client to work on this machine, I have to use the "old" Flash player. This means that nothing else on the internet will worl because every site "needs" to update the player. If I update, ML doesn't work. Any hope of fixing this problem?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:14 am

We cannot fix something that Adobe intentionally broke. Rolling back to Flash 10.3.181.34 will fix your issue. It has for every machine I've had to work on. And version 10.3.181.34 is only 3 months old. The Internet has not gone away for me with that version. As soon as the MainLobby 4 client is released the issue permanently goes away.

Markrat

Postby Markrat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:38 am

Did anyone find a definitive fix for this, or was it simply a Flash updated needed?
Mine has started doing this following a recent Win10 update on all machines. Again it's running okay in processes, but does not show on screen at all. I cannot seem to be able to change or roll this back, as the Flashplayer is now built in to Win10 and the Adobe updater fails to run at all, saying that it is no longer necessary to do this with Win10.
I am assuming that this is flash related(?) as the Win10 update included a flash update, although no obvious way to go back on just that element either, as many other things also changed with that MS Update.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Are you running the MainLobby.exe with the "Run As Administrator" flag set? You will need to do that on Win10. Just right-click on the icon and choose "Run As Administrator" to see if it launches.

Markrat

Postby Markrat » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:28 am

Sorry... should have said in my previous post. I am running this as Administrator, and set for compatibility as for Windows 7. It has been working fine under Windows 10 for some time. Just stopped at the last MS update as far as I can tell.

Regards,

Mark

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Not seeing any issues with launching the flash client here. I'll have to look at this myself. Install a copy of TeamViewer on the PC where Mainlobby is running and email me the 9 digit TeamViewer ID and password. I'll remote in and have a look.

Markrat

Postby Markrat » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi,
I've emailed the I'D and Password to your cinemaronline email address. Hope that's okay.

Thanks for looking at this.

Regards,

Mark

Return to “MainLobby 3 Client”