problem with Audio Switching?

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

problem with Audio Switching?

Postby chrismd77 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:38 pm

I am trying to set up my Video Storm 8x4. I have the switch connected to my ML Server correctly. I can change the video source and output fine via the mainlobby pluging but when I chose the "both" option the audio does not change. I know the switch is working correctly because I can set the audio source manually. I have all my sources connected to the switch via TosLink digital cables. Does the ML plugin change the digital ins?? I have read through the doc but am I missing something???

Thanks a lot, chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:21 pm

Chris,

Can you verify what command you are sending as well as what you are expecting to happen when the command is sent?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chrismd77 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:21 pm

Hey Mario,

Here is the command I am using.

MLServeCmd.MLMatrixSwitcher|1~Switch~Both~1~3

When the command is run the switcher changes the video correctly to source 3 BUT it does not set the audio to source 3. Does the video storm control the analog audio and TosLink Digital seppart? When I cycle through the sources on the switch itself I get first get source 1 through 8 with no audio then on the second pass I see a little red dot next to the right hand number on the face of the switch. When I am cycling through and the dot is visable I get audio on all 8 sources but as soon as I get the dot turned off I get no audio??? I am thinking the switch is cycling through analog then digital?? Am I correct?

The plug in does not seem to set the switch with that dot on??

Thanks for your help, chris

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chrismd77 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:35 am

Just wondering if anyone has some more info on the Video Storm? Are others out there using it the same way I am? I still have not been able to get MainLobby to switch the Video Storm correctly. Thanks, Chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:27 am

Hi Chris,

I took a look at the manual and SDK.

It appears the Video Storm has some control options. Per the manual:
Controlling the CRM62/84

Control schemes:
The CRM62/84 has 2 control schemes: basic and advanced. Basic scheme links the switching of audio and video, and is the default mode. Advanced scheme allows you to separately control the switching of audio and video.

So my theory is that you could make sure the unit is in Basic control mode and then instead of using both, use the Vid command:
MLServeCmd.MLMatrixSwitcher|1~Switch~Vid~4~2

We'll have to look into this more, but my guess is this will solve your immediate needs.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chrismd77 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:54 am

Thanks for the reply. I did do playing around with the settings on the unit itself but I will try what you described tonight and post a reply after I do so. Thanks again. Chris

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chrismd77 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Mario,

I tried the method above but it did not fix my problem. I believe the what I need is the option of choosing either digital audio via the optical OR coax jack. Here is what I found on the video storm web site.

When the “.” Is displayed, the digital audio optical jack input is being transcoded to both digital audio out coax & optical.
When the “.” Is not displayed, the digital audio coax jack input is being transcoded to both digital audio out coax & optical.

The MainLobby plugin is only switching the matrix via the digital audio coax jack input is being transcoded. In the Command set of the RS232 doc it allow the choice of coax or optical. I am sure you have seen this before but I am just going to repeat it;

Command set:
V##(#)<cr> : Video output control
1st # selects the desired output to control
2nd # selects the input to switch the output to
3rd # only present in basic scheme (since audio is tied to video)
D selects digital coax, O selects digital toslink

A###<cr> : Audio output control
1st # selects the desired output to control
2nd # selects the input to switch the output to
3rd # D selects digital coax, O selects digital toslink

Thanks for all the help on this, Chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:44 pm

Hi Chris,

You're spot on.

Please login and redownload the VideoStorm Driver.

You'll notice a manual will also be installed in your MainLobby Server\Documentation folder as well.

There are many new commands that should encompass all of the expanded capabilities of the digital board on the VideoStorm.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chrismd77 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 am

Again I am impressed ! You guys are the best. When ever I have a question or a problem you jump on it right away and either have an answer or better yet a fit to the problem.

Customer service to top notch around here :lol:

Thanks again, Chris

Return to “Video Storm”