Why is forum so 'lonely'

fdastoor

Why is forum so 'lonely'

Postby fdastoor » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:05 am

Why is it that there is so little activity in this forum. I am considering purchasing a videostorm switcher and was hoping I could learn a bit more about the hardware and ML plugin.

Well' maybe everything works so well and is so eazy to integrate that questions do not arise.

But I hate to see Smoothtlk not able to strut his stuff. You have been a great help to me along with every one else at Cinemar.

Having used the high end Crestron for years and having to deal with the haughty programmers this company's helpful policy is so refreshing. This was despite the ridiculously high cost of their hardware and software.

I recently moved leaving behind all my gear for the new owner. I was looking to starting all over when I stumbled on Cinemar thru the Homeseer web site. It has been fun since that day.
I find greater pleasure in working towards my goal than the end result itself.

There, I have finished venting. Smoothtlk you may delete this post.

thank you so much for all your help. Cinemar has a long term committed customer.

Phil
Phil

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:03 am

Hi Phil, thanx for the kind words.
We are indeed "strutting our stuff" at EHX this week. Today is the third and final day of the show and we have met a lot of existing customers and dealers, as well as a whole bunch of good potential dealers.

Regarding the Neothings forum volume, the plugin does work well, but there are relatively few Neothings customers compared to, say, Russound Cav66. So, there will be much fewer conversations on it. The plugin itself is also simpler so less reason to have questions or comment.

It's a very nice piece of hardware and works well. I believe Mario uses it in his personal setup so you can be sure he has the plugin working well with it :)

BTW, as an experienced Crestron user, it would be interesting to hear more about your comparison comments, if you feel verbose :) Comparision of capabiliities, reliability, ease of programming (if you did Crestron programming), UI look / navigation ease, WAF factor, power, price, etc.

GregJPowers

Postby GregJPowers » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:21 pm

fdastoor

I have the Avalon switch from Neothings. I find the oneway serial plugin works just great to control it. The neothings commands are very simple.

greg

Return to “Neothings”