Thermostats supported?

yzpmpgq

Thermostats supported?

Postby yzpmpgq » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I currently have Homeseer running my Insteon, thermostats and security. With the new version of HS coming out, there may be no plans for supporting the ML/HS connection, so I am looking at porting everything to ML. I see there is Insteon support, but how about thermostats. Specifically, I have the 2441TH thermostats now.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thermostats supported?

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 pm

The Insteon driver has code in it to support the thermostats. However I have that section disabled at the moment because we never had the opportunity to test on a system with an active thermostat. If I could use your system for testing then I could get the thermostat functional.

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 pm

I ordered the ISY994i today. When it comes in, I'll get it up and going and let you test away! Between this and adding the HAI integration, I will be able to totally eliminate Homeseer and go straight ML. That's a great thing because your support is SO much better...

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:31 am

Dave, I have 4 Insteon T-Stats listed under Lighting in Family Manager. Sent you an email with logmein instructions if you want to test them. The only variables currently listed are alias, id, level and status. My HVAC systems are standard forced air gas heat and A/C, nothing exotic - no geothermal heat pumps, etc.

Texsun

Postby Texsun » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:23 pm

yzpmpgq wrote:With the new version of HS coming out, there may be no plans for supporting the ML/HS connection

Looks like Krumpy has already revised his plugin to work under HS4 - check here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153912.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Texsun wrote:
yzpmpgq wrote:With the new version of HS coming out, there may be no plans for supporting the ML/HS connection

Looks like Krumpy has already revised his plugin to work under HS4 - check here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153912.

yzpmpgq is referring to HS3 (new version). I am also interested to see if there will be connectivity between ML4 and HS3.....

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Dave, I got the ISY installed and added a thermostat. Looking at previous posts, you may not have ever activated the TSTAT functionality as the server variables are either blank or incorrect. Let me know if you would like to "play" with my system and I will PM the info to you.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes, that is correct. I'll use your system for testing. EMail me the remote access info.

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Any luck on thermostat support yet for the ISY driver or the Insteon?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:01 pm

That is my first task to work on next week.

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:52 am

Excellent! That's my last Homeseer piece to replace. Let me know if you need the login info to my system again.

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:26 am

The thermostat change works great. I have a few qestions:

1) Is there a way to track the run time of the HVAC? Basically, keep a daily, weekly, etc total of how long each unit runs?
2) I have a mixture of Insteon and HAI TSTATS. Insteon (ISY driver) has a "hvastate" variable that changes to "Cool", "Heat", etc when the unit kicks on. HAI doesn't have that variable. It has a "mode" and "hvacmode" which always show "AUTO" and a "Status" which is always blank or "UNKNOWN". Is that functionality available through HAI?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 pm

1) Is there a way to track the run time of the HVAC? Basically, keep a daily, weekly, etc total of how long each unit runs?

Nothing built into MLServer or the driver at this time.

2) I have a mixture of Insteon and HAI TSTATS. Insteon (ISY driver) has a "hvastate" variable that changes to "Cool", "Heat", etc when the unit kicks on. HAI doesn't have that variable. It has a "mode" and "hvacmode" which always show "AUTO" and a "Status" which is always blank or "UNKNOWN". Is that functionality available through HAI?

The code is there in the HAI driver to decode the information if the HAI panel reports it. It might not be sending this info. Log HAI events to a file and cycle through some of the TStat modes and states. Let's see what HAI is telling us is happening.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Oronomus » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:16 pm

yzpmpgq, search the ISY994i forums and see if there is a way to use the ISY event log - or some program - to measure and record T-Stat on and off times. Don't know if this is possible, but it might be a viable alternative to using MLServer. For example, a simple program could record the on time, then record the off time, then subtract the on from the off and publish the run time. If ISY can create a log that posts to a program like Excel, the math would be easy. Maybe ISY can do this - but don't know for sure.

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Here is the log. I'm not sure if this is what you wanted...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Insteon”