Houselinc Insteon

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Houselinc Insteon

Postby chuck99z28 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:58 pm

While working with Houselinc to setup my devices before importing the device list XML into Main Lobby I was struggling with some devices, most sensors and remotes.

Then I found this in a wiki somewhere.

Once HouseLinc 2 is done synchronizing with your network, you will want to prompt HouseLinc 2 to synchronize with your battery-operated INSTEON devices, which may each be displayed on your devices list as an "Unknown Device". As a battery-saving feature, battery-operated INSTEON devices "go to sleep," so all you need to do is activate them one at a time. For RemoteLinc (#2440, 2440BK), tap one of its buttons. For Motion Sensor (#2420M), activate it by walking in front it or tapping its Set button

I'm posting it here in an effort to help others with the same issue.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Houselinc Insteon

Postby chuck99z28 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:37 pm

ANother houselink tip.

When I first loaded my Insteon Devices into Houselink, a bunch came up as unknown.

I figured the software was dumb and didn't know some of the devices.

But, after working with it for an hour -- now they're all known. As I posed above the battery powered devices and ControlLincs need special handling.
Trigger them a few times and Houselinc learns them.

ALso, I found two not working plugins. One because I accidentally isolated it behind a pure sine wave UPS when I put my home WIFI on UPS.

So work it out, get them all working and tested before importing the XML into Main Lobby.

Return to “Insteon”