Insteon "Sensors" Keypadlinc buttons (similar to HAL?)

DevenLF

Insteon "Sensors" Keypadlinc buttons (similar to HAL?)

Postby DevenLF » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:35 pm

I have pretty much figured out everything using MainLobby, which means I can stop using HAL. I like HAL, and all, but I realize I use a VERY few features of it.

The only remaining piece that I can't seem to figure out in ML is how to use KeypadLinc's other buttons besides the primary load button (A, or zero).

I'm using MLServer4 and have the Insteon device driver and MLLighting. I easily added the keypadlincs primary insteon address, such as 37.45.FB, as example.

Is there a way I can have ML 'see' when the other 7 buttons are pressed? I need those button presses to trigger an event in MLServer.

HAL does this by what appears to be in a "D Input" column when setting up the keypadlincs. I think the 'buttons' on the keypads are actually referred to as 'groups' on the keypadlinc.

This is the only remaining thing I'm using HAL for, is monitoring those buttons presses and firing an event.

Any clue on how to do this in MLServer, if possible at all?

It would be fantastic if I could uninstall HAL and do everything with MLServer, AND would save me some cash in the long run. If it's not possible now, could it easily be added as a feature?

Thanks for any info!

Deven
Last edited by DevenLF on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Insteon "Sensors" Keypadlinc buttons (similar to HAL?)

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 pm

I need to see how the Insteon protocol handles this. Once I know I'll add this functionality into the driver and you can test it for me.

DevenLF

Re: Insteon "Sensors" Keypadlinc buttons (similar to HAL?)

Postby DevenLF » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:28 pm

That would be fantastic. If it helps any, I've attempted to attach two screenshots of the HAL screens. You can see the "D Input" column that contains the button number, and then you can see the 'group number' when adding a 'sensor'.

device_group.png

devicelist.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Insteon”