ISY-99 Status Update

avelectronics

ISY-99 Status Update

Postby avelectronics » Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi,

I have just downloaded your MLIsy plugin for Cinemar and love it. I do have a couple of questions. I have a lot of 3-Way and 4-Way lights. They are all linked
To each other, so when one paddle is pressed it updates the light to on or off and then changes the correct status on each light. When I use your plug-in
It doesn’t show the status of a group, it only shows the status of each light.

I’m using an activelight command in Cinemar like this one:
“MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|mlisy_{{clientname}}_activeLight~12!”

And a command like this one to active an On command:
“MLServeCmd.MLISY|{{mlisy_{{mlisy_{{clientname}}_activelight}}_alias}}~GroupOn”

To check the status via a bar graph I use this command:
“{{Mlisy_{{mlisy_{{clientname}}_activelight}}_value}}”

The last command works fine for On and Off, but when I use a percentage to turn on the device it doesn’t update the status of the group command. I also can’t send a Group Level command
To change the level? I am Looking for any suggestions on how to accomplish with what I want. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

bpwwer

Re: ISY-99 Status Update

Postby bpwwer » Tue May 31, 2011 7:29 pm

avelectronics wrote:Hi,

I have just downloaded your MLIsy plugin for Cinemar and love it. I do have a couple of questions. I have a lot of 3-Way and 4-Way lights. They are all linked
To each other, so when one paddle is pressed it updates the light to on or off and then changes the correct status on each light. When I use your plug-in
It doesn’t show the status of a group, it only shows the status of each light.

I'll have to double check, but I'm not sure the ISY support this. It does not support group (scene) status. I do try to simulate it withing the plug-in. Basically, if all the devices in a group match the level set for the group it is suppose to set the group's status to ON. Otherwise the group status is OFF.

When dealing with 3/4 - way light setups, this means that everything has to be configured in a very specific way for this to work. Knowing a bit more about how you have this configured in the ISY would help.

I’m using an activelight command in Cinemar like this one:
“MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|mlisy_{{clientname}}_activeLight~12!”

And a command like this one to active an On command:
“MLServeCmd.MLISY|{{mlisy_{{mlisy_{{clientname}}_activelight}}_alias}}~GroupOn”

To check the status via a bar graph I use this command:
“{{Mlisy_{{mlisy_{{clientname}}_activelight}}_value}}”

The last command works fine for On and Off, but when I use a percentage to turn on the device it doesn’t update the status of the group command. I also can’t send a Group Level command
To change the level? I am Looking for any suggestions on how to accomplish with what I want. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

The ISY doesn't support sending level commands to groups. By definition a group (or really an Insteon scene) is a set of devices at specific on values (and with specific ramp rates). So trying to set a group to 20% is meaningless. You can send dim and bright commands to a group.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish so these suggestions may or may not help. In general, a group would be used to define a set of lights to a fixed levels. If you want to be able to multiple levels, then you use multiple groups. For example:

Family Room TV:
light 1 @ 30%
light 2 @ 60%

Family Room Reading:
light 1 @ 90%
light 2 @ 100%

If you are trying to set up a screen where you are controlling the Family Room lights you might use something with an On/Off toggle button, a dim button and a bright button. However, if you use the dim or bright command to change the levels, the group's status will change to OFF because the light levels will no longer match those defined for the group.
--
Bob

avelectronics

Postby avelectronics » Tue May 31, 2011 7:48 pm

An example of what I am trying to do: I have 3 switches for the same Foyer Light. They all are linked to each other so when you press 1 paddle to On or a certain level the other 2 show the same status. 1 of the switches is the Load and the other 2 are switches that control the Load switch as well. (4-Way Switch)

When I press any of the 3 switches it shows the correct status on Universal Devices page. The 3 switches are set as a Scene as Controllers. In your plug-in I do get the On/Off Status of a group, but no Percentages. I also can't send a certain percentage to a group. I can send out multiple commands for all of this, but basically I use the active Light command so I don’t have a page for each device. I have over a 100 devices.

Let me know if there is any way to do this. I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:07 am

avelectronics wrote:When I press any of the 3 switches it shows the correct status on Universal Devices page. The 3 switches are set as a Scene as Controllers. In your plug-in I do get the On/Off Status of a group, but no Percentages. I also can't send a certain percentage to a group. I can send out multiple commands for all of this, but basically I use the active Light command so I don’t have a page for each device. I have over a 100 devices.

Let me know if there is any way to do this. I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Neither the Insteon protocol or the ISY have a command that will send a percentage to a group. It's just not something that Insteon supports.
--

Bob

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:47 am

Thinking about it some more, I was wondering if you were trying to do something the screen would be normal most of the day but reduced to 50% between midnight and 6am? That can be done with ISY programming since it has the ability to adjust a scene based on various conditions.
--

Bob

Return to “Insteon”