MLISY Plug-In Issue - Crashes MLServer

dgruehn

MLISY Plug-In Issue - Crashes MLServer

Postby dgruehn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:20 am

Been trying to get MLISY to work all day. I’ve been able to replicate the problem several times. Here are the symptoms:
- Load the MLISY plug-in
- Config username, pswd, and IP
- The plug-in finds my ISY unit and eventually populates the device, scene, and programs
- I’m actually able to turn lights on and off
- I shut down ML Server
- When I restart ML Server it crashes. The MLISY plug-in loads but I almost immediately get a dialog box that MLServer has stopped working
- When I remove the plug-in and clean the registry and all associated remaining files, I am successfully able to launch MLServer without a crash.
- My MLServer and MLISY logs are attached

Here are my specs:
- MLServer 3.75.129
- MainLobby 3 3.0.152.2
- ISY99i FW 2.7.15
- Windows 7 64b (8GB RAM, 2.6GB proc)
- MLISY 0.1.19

I poured through the ML forums and while I found people with similar issues they date back to v 0.1.13. not many recent posts which leads me to believe it must be on my end somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I’d be happy to donate to the project and your services as I’d really love to get this to work. Insteon without ISY is a waste of time.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLISY Plug-In Issue - Crashes MLServer

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:32 am

The problem is most likely in the MLISY plugin. It does not see something that it likes and aborts and that takes out MLServer. We do not own the source code for that plugin so I'm unable to debug what it is doing.

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:00 pm

The problem is definitely with the MLISY plugin. It does not currently work with the ISY 2.7.15 firmware. The firmware introduced a change that breaks the WSDL (ISY configuration information) parsing. The WSDL parsing code is auto-generated by the Microsoft .NET development suite, not something I have direct control over so when it fails, it crashes. Occasionally, the firmware updates to the ISY cause a compatibility problem with code written for older versions.

I need to update MLISY so that is works with the 2.7.15 firmware. I should be able to have an updated version in the next day or two.
--
Bob

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:07 pm

An updated version of the plug-in is available on my web site that works with the latest ISY firmware versions.

http://www.bobsplace.com/mlisy/

Bob
--

Bob

Return to “Insteon”