mlisy & HS ISY Insteon (co-exist?)

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

mlisy & HS ISY Insteon (co-exist?)

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Okay, here is the story..... Everyone in our house has an iTouch so I started playing with the Cinemar provided web pages and got control of the Insteon devices working using MLServer -> MLHSPlugin -> HomeSeer -> ISY Insteon -> ISY. And the response time is actually very good. I showed the prototype setup to the family and everyone got excited. Of course I only had a couple issues to resolve and figured it wouldn't take too long. But, alas, the MLHSPlugin replicates the device names from HS2 directly in MLS, which makes complete sense except that MLS serves the variable names through the "GETVAR?" style web service. HomeSeer uses funky characters (ie; `, \, #, ^, etc) within the variable name... Lucky me those characters are not legal tag names within XML, so I don't get status updates.

I've downloaded the MLISY plugin from Bob's site (.19 link doesn't work, so I grabbed .18) and installed it on the same host w/HomeSeer. My question is, will both HS2 and MLISY properly co-exist communicating with the ISY-99? I think it should work fine, the ISY has generally struck me as a rather robust device but I thought I would ask just the same.

I'm currently using ISY-99 firmware 2.7.7 because I have too many devices for 2.7.8...

Thanks

- Jeff

bpwwer

Re: mlisy & HS ISY Insteon (co-exist?)

Postby bpwwer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 am

jeffdoo wrote:I've downloaded the MLISY plugin from Bob's site (.19 link doesn't work, so I grabbed .18) and installed it on the same host w/HomeSeer. My question is, will both HS2 and MLISY properly co-exist communicating with the ISY-99? I think it should work fine, the ISY has generally struck me as a rather robust device but I thought I would ask just the same.

I'm currently using ISY-99 firmware 2.7.7 because I have too many devices for 2.7.8...

Thanks

- Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the heads up on the 0.1.19 binary. mlisy-0.1.19 was just uploaded to the web site. I copied 0.1.9 to the website instead of 0.1.19 the other day. I believe you'll have to move to 0.1.19 when you update the ISY firmware to a newer release.

You should have no problem running both plug-ins. I always have both running although I have MLServer and HomeSeer running on different machines, I was running both on the same machine at one point in the early development phase of each.

If you do encounter any problems doing this, I'd consider it a bug, so please let me know.
--
Bob

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: mlisy & HS ISY Insteon (co-exist?)

Postby jeffdoo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Bob,

Just want to say thank you!

I'm now running the following w/o a problem:

ISY: 2.7.9 (alpha, 1/7/10)
MLISY: 0.1.19 (beta)
HS ISY: 1.0.1.6 (beta)

I also spent about an hour hacking away with the ML iPhone/iTouch (beta again) lighting scene and got one working for the home office (On/Off Toggle, Dim, Bright, and the bar). I don't use any of the macros I read about people using, I just added the mlisy stuff and created an alternate UpdateLoads javascript function....

This went from a disaster last night to back on track this evening....

Thank you again!

- Jeff

Return to “Insteon”