ISY Install Issues

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

ISY Install Issues

Postby fnkpet » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi,

I am having some issues I cant get past. I have tried for hours at this point.

FYI I am running ISY firmware .13 and the isyplugin ver11 (beta).

As well, here is the short history - I did have isy ver 8 running on prior build but rebuilt windows + my ML Server install over the weekend due to a host of other issues. Note I could never get past version 8 in the prior build as it would aways crash MLServer.

Anyway, im on a fresh install on the new machine and cant get ver 8-11 to 'take'. It seems to be this machines config for some reason as I can get it to load and work on the computer in my office.

ANyway, I have .net 3.5 installed (as well it seems as .net 2.0 and 3.0) - see first screen shot.

What happens is that on MLServere load I get the hang as evidenced by the second attachment (ML Server for Main Lobby).

Note that MLServer continues to load and will 'work'but if I click the error box the app closes OR if I use any lights Server hangs.

I checked my system log in MLserver and am not seeing anything as well as systems events in control panel and see nothing strange.

I keep suspecting I am missing a key piece of software but I really dont know.

At my wits end.....

Can anyone help PLEASE.

Thanks

Frank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mwebster » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:53 am

Frank,

I often have the same issue and it takes several attempts to get mlserver running. I believe it has something to do with plug-in auto detecting the isy and taking too long to load, but I'm not sure. Bob has this listed as a known issue.

I don't have a solution. Maybe you have more devices than me and it takes longer causing mlserver to hang every time?

Matt

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:34 am

It's not suppose to crash so that's definitely a bug somewhere.

I do have a new version of the plug-in that I've been running for a few days now. I just need to get it posted. It has a lot of fixes and includes support for the new WeatherBug module.
--
Bob

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:54 am

A new version of the MLISY plug-in has been posted to my web site.

http://www.bobsplace.com/mlisy/
--

Bob

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Ill try it and report back. Thank you.

Frank

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:33 pm

My god, its working.

I cant tell you how gateful I am. I have over 100 devices. I had (originaly) spent hours rewriting my Main Lobby scene buttons to get off the PLM and go to your ISY plugin, then this weekend spent hours again as on the new install the #'s of the devices switched (so again I had to rewrite my buton commands). And then spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out why it was crashing - installing all the version, unistalling and reinstalling .net etc, etc.

I didnt even want to post to you as I realize at this point you have developed it on your own and think you probably have other things to do then trouble shoot the commuity.

Anyway - its is running and working.

Thanks again.

Frank

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Frank,

I'm glad to hear that it's working. Finding all the places the plug-in can fail is a challenge. I rely on the community to report problems and help troubleshoot them. If this version hadn't worked, I would have walked you through some steps so we could try and figure out the cause.

Don't hesitate to post problems or feedback (or success stories).
--

Bob

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:15 pm

bpwwer wrote:Frank,

I'm glad to hear that it's working. Finding all the places the plug-in can fail is a challenge. I rely on the community to report problems and help troubleshoot them. If this version hadn't worked, I would have walked you through some steps so we could try and figure out the cause.

Don't hesitate to post problems or feedback (or success stories).

Bob,

I am having problems with the plug-in stalling on load when starting MLServer. I have tried numerous times tonight without success. Could you provide me with some advice on how to proceed?

Thanks,
T.Wells

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:00 am

T.Well,

Can you provide a few more details?

Does it completely hang "Loading MLISY" or "Starting MLISY"? Or is it just pausing for a very long time? If' it's hanging before MLServer starts and you have to delete the plug-in to get MLServer running, it's failing too early in the process to do any real debugging.

I have found some problems recently that effect the start up sequence and that could be the cause. I'm working on getting the changes all integrated and tested.
--

Bob

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:08 am

bpwwer wrote:T.Well,

Does it completely hang "Loading MLISY" or "Starting MLISY"? Or is it just pausing for a very long time? If' it's hanging before MLServer starts and you have to delete the plug-in to get MLServer running, it's failing too early in the process to do any real debugging.

I have found some problems recently that effect the start up sequence and that could be the cause. I'm working on getting the changes all integrated and tested.

Sorry for the lack of details. It was late and I was not thinking straight. It is completely hanging on Loading MLISY. MLSever is never able to start (I waited 10 minutes, should I wait longer?). I have deleted the plug-in and MLServer starts just fine after removing the .dll.

I am running: MLServer .588, Vista x32 and the latest ISY download.

Can I provide anything else for debugging?

Thanks,
T.Wells

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 am

T.Wells wrote:
bpwwer wrote:T.Well,

Sorry for the lack of details. It was late and I was not thinking straight. It is completely hanging on Loading MLISY. MLSever is never able to start (I waited 10 minutes, should I wait longer?). I have deleted the plug-in and MLServer starts just fine after removing the .dll.

I am running: MLServer .588, Vista x32 and the latest ISY download.

Can I provide anything else for debugging?

Thanks,
T.Wells

I made an error above. It is hanging on "Loading .... Startup for MLISY."

Sorry,
T.Wells

Nexus

Postby Nexus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:08 am

Add me to the list as well. Running the latest and I can't launch MLServer... it just hangs at Starting MLISY. I've tried un-installing and MLServer loads fine but when I re-install it just hangs.

Nexus

Postby Nexus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:17 am

Did a little troubleshooting tonight and found a fix that I hope works for others...

1. Uninstall 0.1.12
2. Install 0.1.10
3. Configure ISY login/password and apply settings
4. Re-install 0.1.12

All is working fine now.

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Works!

Postby T.Wells » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:30 am

Nexus wrote:Did a little troubleshooting tonight and found a fix that I hope works for others...

1. Uninstall 0.1.12
2. Install 0.1.10
4. Re-install 0.1.12

All is working fine now.

Yes, this fix works fine on my end. The plug-in fully loads and MLServer starts up very quickly.

Thank you! I am looking forward to trying out this plug-in.

-T.Wells

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks Nexus,

This implies that it's something in the code that tries to autodetect the ISY that's failing. I have made some changes in that section so I'll be sure to clear out my configuration and test it before I release it.

Nexus wrote:Did a little troubleshooting tonight and found a fix that I hope works for others...

1. Uninstall 0.1.12
2. Install 0.1.10
4. Re-install 0.1.12

All is working fine now.
--

Bob

Return to “Insteon”