Driver Request: Universal Devices ISY-99i

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:42 pm

fnkpet wrote:I am having an issue on the config - see screen shot.

Your URL starts with a "/"...
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:13 pm

Yes I know the screenshot shows an in starting with a '/'.

It came configured that way (i.e. pre populated with another ip starting with a '/').

I have tried it without the '/' and get the same result. Stil an error.

Frank

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:34 am

Frank,

It should be entered without the slash. From the screen capture, it looks like the autodetect code is detecting another device. I'll look into trying to verify that the device detected is really an ISY.

One current limitation is that the ISY needs to be on the default port. If you've changed the port to something else, then the plug-in probably isn't going to work. I think you might get messages like what you're seeing in that case. I'll take a look at that too.
--
Bob

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks Bob.

I dont think I changed the port but here is how it is set now....

External port set to 443 and then my router translates that to access on port 80 (internal).

Hope that makes sense.....

Frank

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:52 am

Never mind - it is working - not sure what I did but it is connected.

THANK YOU

Frank

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:27 pm

RE: Scene status

bigDvette wrote:After going back to the WSDL again, I think there may be a way.

// removed SceneProfile wsdl

I'm thinking if we can get that and store it in the program, what I was discussing earlier could be done. Simply each time a new ST message is received, interigate all the scenes and determine if teh curren on level for all devices in that scene are at the OL defined for the scene.

You're right! I did a bit of experimenting with the scene profiles and now have something that kind of works. I'm saving the scene profile as defined by the ISY and checking it against device status. If all the devices match the profile, I set the scene "on" if they don't then I set the scene "off". I'll have a new version soon that includes this.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas on this!
--

Bob

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mwebster » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:50 pm

I've read through the recent posts and don't follow all of the discussion, but am interested in the plugin and the ISY device. Here's what I'm looking for, could you tell me whether the ISY/plugin will provide it?

-Reliably create links and recreate them quickly if necessary.
-Ability to setup groups, control them reliably, and specify their on level and ramp rate.
-The ability to have correct status display in mainlobby. I have a group of two keypads and one switchlinc. When I manually push a primary keypad button or the switchlinc or issue a group command (on/off or dim), I want the ability to have correct status in mainlobby. This should be without polling the status of the devices with server rules after a status change of one device.
-Logical and useful server variables. If the setup is similar to the current plm plugin, I'd be dissapointed. It's confusing for groups, especially those involving keypad buttons.

Also, an idea of the cost of the plugin would be helpful. I've tried the original Cinemar Insteon plugin and their plm plugin without complete success. I've spent alot of time screwing around with it and don't want to waste more time with something that isn't rock solid or will be started and never completed. I don't have the ISY yet, but will order one if I see some good feedback about this plugin (I've already seen plenty of good comments about the ISY).

Thanks

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:41 am

Ok, I'll try to answer your questions and hopefully others will chime in as well.

mwebster wrote:-Reliably create links and recreate them quickly if necessary.

The ISY takes care of this. Well at least I think it can recreate them. So far I've only replaced one switchlinc since I've had the ISY and that was pretty painless. The plug-in does not provide any of this type of management. It's all done through the ISY's admin interface. Maybe someday I'll try to incorporate management functions into the plug-in.

-Ability to setup groups, control them reliably, and specify their on level and ramp rate.

Again, through the ISY admin interface, this is fairly easy to set up. Once configured, the plug-in can activate the groups via the ISY.

-The ability to have correct status display in mainlobby. I have a group of two keypads and one switchlinc. When I manually push a primary keypad button or the switchlinc or issue a group command (on/off or dim), I want the ability to have correct status in mainlobby. This should be without polling the status of the devices with server rules after a status change of one device.

This is again dependent on the ISY. The ISY is pretty good about keeping things in sync and reporting device status. No polling via server rules is necessary. The one issue (as we've kindof discussed in the few posts above) is that ISY does not send out "group" status. It sends out the status for each device in the group (including keypad buttons), but not the group as a whole. I've been working on some code that tries to keep the plug-in in-sync with group changes, but it's probably only ever going to be basic On/Off status for a group. If you dim a group via a switchlinc, the plug-in at this point will consider the group "off". The status of all the devices in the plug-in will be correct however. There are some other issues around what group status means. If you really want details, look up some of the discussions on the ISY forums.

-Logical and useful server variables. If the setup is similar to the current plm plugin, I'd be dissapointed. It's confusing for groups, especially those involving keypad buttons.

Well, right now I create variables that are similar to what the MLLighting plug-in created with a few additions (and more additions in the next version). The ISY considers keypad buttons individual devices so that carries over to the plug-in. Groups are also treated like a device. If you have some specific ideas on what you'd like to see for server variables, let me know.

Also, an idea of the cost of the plugin would be helpful. I've tried the original Cinemar Insteon plugin and their plm plugin without complete success. I've spent alot of time screwing around with it and don't want to waste more time with something that isn't rock solid or will be started and never completed.

Right now the plug-in is free. While I won't make any promises about the future, I've been there and done that too with the other plug-ins. My reason for creating the plug-in in the first place is to finally have good control over my Insteon devices. The ISY does most of the heavy lifting for this setup which makes the plug-in's job fairly simple.
--

Bob

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mwebster » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:02 pm

Bob,

From what I understand, the isy will take care of most of the issues I have. It sounds like the isy keeps the status of all devices correct all of the time and the plugin just passes the status to ml. That's what I want. If device status is correct all of the time, I can't think of why group status is that important.

Matt

AccessHA
Expert
Expert

Postby AccessHA » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:18 pm

bpwwer,

I can't get the config screen to open. I'm getting the following error:

Error# 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set raised by MLServer function cmdSettings_Click attempting to call SETTINGS function in plugin MLISY

Any thoughts?

ver. 0.1.9
Hell-bent on automating everything! I’m too lazy to do anything else.

www.accessHA.com
Access Home Automation
The ultimate Insteon resource on the web.

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:26 pm

mwebster wrote:Bob,

From what I understand, the isy will take care of most of the issues I have. It sounds like the isy keeps the status of all devices correct all of the time and the plugin just passes the status to ml. That's what I want. If device status is correct all of the time, I can't think of why group status is that important.

Matt

Matt, Yes, the ISY maintains the state/status of all the devices and when something changes, it notifies the plug-in. The plug-in could also query the ISY for the current status but right now it only does that on startup.

Having the group/scene status correct only matters if you want to manage your lighting that way. I do a lot of my control via groups so I don't really care what the status of each light is. It really depends on how you want to manage lighting. For your case, everything should work fine.
--

Bob

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:35 pm

AccessHA wrote:bpwwer,

I can't get the config screen to open. I'm getting the following error:

Error# 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set raised by MLServer function cmdSettings_Click attempting to call SETTINGS function in plugin MLISY

Any thoughts?

ver. 0.1.9

I just tried loading it on another system and it worked OK. So I'm not sure.

Did you shutdown MLServer before installing?

Is there any messages in the MLServer log with any errors when it starts up?

Is this the first time you've tried the plug-in?

You could try uninstalling it (via control panel add/remove programs) and re-installing it. Do this when MLServer isn't running.

There is one bug that I recently found in the code that tries to auto detect the ISY. If some other device responds to the UPNP broadcast before the ISY, the code gives. However, this shouldn't stop the settings dialog from opening and allowing you to enter the ISY's ip address manually.
--

Bob

jcrack_corn

Postby jcrack_corn » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:19 pm

It wont get past this point! I get the unhandled exception error too!
I can log into the ISY just fine using the default ports, any idea what the problem is?

11/30/2008 11:14:04 AM MLISY Plug-in Version 0.1.10 BETA Started.
11/30/2008 11:14:04 AM ISY Plug-in Loaded
11/30/2008 11:14:04 AM Initializing ISY Communications.
11/30/2008 11:14:04 AM Enable logging
11/30/2008 11:14:04 AM Starting ISY initialization with 192.168.2.25
11/30/2008 11:14:04 AM Creating isy class instance: [192.168.2.25]
11/30/2008 11:14:04 AM saved config = admin, admin, 192.168.2.25
11/30/2008 11:14:04 AM ISY is configured, starting inialization...

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:31 pm

jcrack_corn wrote:It wont get past this point! I get the unhandled exception error too!
I can log into the ISY just fine using the default ports, any idea what the problem is?

What is the unhand led exception?

It looks like you were able to get the settings screen to load and have the first few log messages. The point where it stops is when it just starts trying to communicate with the ISY. It will fail here if the ISY's firmware version is older than 2.6.6. You can check the firmware version from the admin console under help - about.
--

Bob

jcrack_corn

Postby jcrack_corn » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Everything is updated to latest versions and it all works fine standalone (i can control ISY through web interface or through mainlobby or through elk), this is what the plugin says, here is the exception:
SMDiagnostics
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.4506.30 (WAPRTM.004506-0030)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Serialization
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Transactions
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Web
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
System.IdentityModel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.IdentityModel/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.IdentityModel.dll
7q1o20ju
Assembly Version: 1.0.1.10
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
cz9um7wh
Assembly Version: 1.0.1.10
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

bpwwer wrote:
jcrack_corn wrote:It wont get past this point! I get the unhandled exception error too!

What is the unhand led exception?

It looks like you were able to get the settings screen to load and have the first few log messages. The point where it stops is when it just starts trying to communicate with the ISY. It will fail here if the ISY's firmware version is older than 2.6.6. You can check the firmware version from the admin console under help - about.

Return to “Insteon”