Driver Request: Universal Devices ISY-99i

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:05 pm

I haven't seen anything like that. I'll spend some time looking into it to see if I can figure out what's going on.

You mention that you can control devices through mainlobby. Does this mean that you can use MLISY commands and they work? Just the settings screen (or control via the settings screen) is not working and generating the exception?
--
Bob

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mwebster » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:44 am

Bob,

I just got my isy and am having problems getting the plugin to connect.

The username, password, and IP address with port are all populated when I open the status screen, but I get the following when I press apply:

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
   at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)
   at MLISY.isy.Authenticate()
   at MLISY.isy.Initialize()
   at MLISY.IsySettings.Apply_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MLISY
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1.11
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1.11
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MLServer/Plugins/MLISY.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.ServiceModel
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.4506.648 (Winfxred.004506-0648)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/3.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I upgraded to the most recent firmware for the isy today.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Just installed.
Hallelujah! \:D/
Finally ML works with Insteon the way it should!
Thank you SO much! =D>

I'll report anything I find as I migrate away from my old PLC-based stuff.

Anyone want to purchase an MLLighting / PLC licennse?
How 'bout MLPLM? I have one of those, too. :roll:
I've also got a plethora of PLCs and PLMs.
Not to mention the bulk of old ADI and X10 stuff I just found that I still have. :lol:

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:01 am

Thanks Gregory,

I'm pretty sure there are still a couple of bugs lurking and I have lots of ideas for improvements. The biggest thing 'll be adding is thermostat support once I get an Insteon thermostat.

So please do let me know if something doesn't work or there's something you'd like it to do.
--

Bob

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:58 am

Hey Gregory,

I think there's room out there next to the Spruce Goose and the Queen Mary for a Home Automation Museum. I'll send you some of my goodies.

Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:49 am

bpwwer wrote:...The biggest thing 'll be adding is thermostat support once I get an Insteon thermostat.

:shock: No! No way am I that confident in Insteon! :lol:
I think I'll probably stick to a hard-wired thermostat that interfaces with the Elk if possible. A mistake with the thermostat could be pretty expensive. :?
Still... I was ready to dump all the Insteon and re-do the whole house with something else a few months ago and now I'm pretty pleased (again)... so... y'never know.
If Elk and/or ISY interface with Insteon thermostats, I guess I might try one (glutton for punishment that I am).

Thanks for doing a great job on the plugin thus far.

Rick, we shipped that Spruce Goose thing up to some place called The Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinville, Oregon... which might be a great place for all my old HA stuff. Hmmm... I wonder if I can convince them they're essential to the Space Museum and get them to pay me a few cents for them. :lol:

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:31 am

gregoryx wrote:
bpwwer wrote:...The biggest thing 'll be adding is thermostat support once I get an Insteon thermostat.

:shock: No! No way am I that confident in Insteon! :lol:
I think I'll probably stick to a hard-wired thermostat that interfaces with the Elk if possible. A mistake with the thermostat could be pretty expensive. :?

I didn't say I was going to actually let the Insteon thermostat control my heating and air :) Actually, I haven't decided yet if I'll hook it up, but I do need to get one to make the plug-in work with it. I've done some work to support them but without seeing what data gets sent in the various situations, I know I'm missing things.
--

Bob

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:28 pm

It will be an interesting addition, regardless.

I'm a bit torn on the addition of thermostat and motion sensors to ISY: I backed off doing stuff with Insteon becuase it was so darn hard to get it to do what the ISY gets it to do (common groups, mostly); but I'm not sure I agree with moving things that can and should be handled by a MUCH more stable platform into the Insteon world. Even at 95% reliability (or however high it might go), hardwired motion sensors and thermostats get closer to 99.99% I think. When the motion triggered light in my garage doesn't turn on, it's never my Elk that's failing to see the motion. :?

Still... things change... never know...

What other advances / changes do you expect to bring into the ISY plugin? Perhaps migrating a "device history" map, so one can track the usage - that'd be more detailed and interesting than the TED/Brultech thing. Basically, just like in the ISY admin, but from ML.

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:49 pm

gregoryx wrote:It will be an interesting addition, regardless.
What other advances / changes do you expect to bring into the ISY plugin? Perhaps migrating a "device history" map, so one can track the usage - that'd be more detailed and interesting than the TED/Brultech thing. Basically, just like in the ISY admin, but from ML.

You mean tracking how long each device has been on and maybe associating a wattage with each device. I hadn't thought of that but it probably wouldn't be too hard to do.

I have thought about adding command triggers. Right now, if a switch is on and you physically turn it on again, the ISY will send a message for that, but nothing changes in the plug-in since the device state didn't change. It could be useful to trigger a MLServer command with that event.

I've also thought about adding the ability to make changes to the ISY from within the plug-in. The API allows for pretty much everything that the admin console can do so it would be possible to have a replacement for the admin console built into the plug-in. I'm not sure the benefit is there given how much work it would be to do that.
--

Bob

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:35 pm

You can do that in MLdatabase now...I think the methods were even in the wiki or forum.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:22 am

I'm not sure I'd worry too much about reinventing the administrative interface wheel. UD is talking about a rewrite some time.

Perhaps you could put the attention toward a correlation of Insteon and Brultech to allow per-device identification of power usages. That would be amazing. :shock:

A decent package of database information correlated between the two (as David suggests) and some GUIs to go along - similar to some of the hour / day / week / month / year stuff I've seen around - would take power management to the next level. :D

pendlet

Re: Driver Request: Universal Devices ISY-99i

Postby pendlet » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Bob

Did you ever end up adding in insteon thermostat control?

Tim

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:08 pm

pendlet wrote:Bob

Tim

Tim,

Version 0.1.22 displays the various thermostat settings (temp, setpoints, mode, humidity) as separate variables now. I thought that you could send commands to the thermostat but now that I look at the code, I see that I forgot that. I'll add that in shortly so you'll be able to do

- set the thermostat mode
- set the heat setpoint
- set the cool setpoint
- set the fan state (on/auto)
--

Bob

bpwwer

Postby bpwwer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:27 pm

bpwwer wrote:
pendlet wrote:Bob

Tim

Tim,

Version 0.1.22 displays the various thermostat settings (temp, setpoints, mode, humidity) as separate variables now. I thought that you could send commands to the thermostat but now that I look at the code, I see that I forgot that. I'll add that in shortly so you'll be able to do

Version 0.1.23 adds thermostat commands. you can set the heat or cool setpoint, set the operating mode and set the fan state. For example, to set the heat set point to 70 degrees you would do: mlisy|mlisy_174~setheatsetpoint~70 (mlisy_174 is my main thermostat device id)
--

Bob

pendlet

Postby pendlet » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Bob

Your the man! I am installing the new version now and will report back my results.

Tim

Return to “Insteon”