Pandora multiple songs??

Please post general questions about MainLobby here
kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Pandora multiple songs??

Postby kirkfrey » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:12 pm

I thought it was a fluke but it seems to be happening all the time. When I launch Pandora the first couple of songs play as expected but then a completely different song is "overlaid" in the audio stream making neither song intelligible. A song or 2 later it stops and I only get 1 song. I've unplugged all of the other audio sources and it doesn't change things. I am using my MLS are the device to play Pandora.

Has anyone else ever had this issue?

It was happening before and I just updated to the most current versions of everything and it still happens.

I can't make any sense of it. The second song is coming from the same audio source as the first, its not the previous or next song as far as I can tell. It happens randomly and then stops.

Its maddening!
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pandora multiple songs??

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:28 pm

I have not seen that happen. I listen to Pandora several hours each day. Am interested if anyone else is seeing this.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:41 am

I have seen this happen, but it was something I did to myself in configuration and in interface design. I had two of the radios configured for the same input to my switcher in error. If I started Radio 1 playing, Radio 2 would play on top at the same time due to an interface design issue. I never knew that was happening until I made the error in configuration. I changed the configuration and re-worked the play button logic and all was well.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Let me take a look. the odd thing for me is that it "comes and goes" with no user changes. it just happened. 1 song, then it stopped. I'll look at the radio logic. Hopefully it is something stupid I've done to myself....
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:41 pm

I would start with your outputs and make sure that all radios other than one are pointed someplace else. That would eliminate that possibility. Also make sure that no background Pandora app is running on the server machine.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:13 pm

I blame Global Warming 8)
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Return to “MainLobby Questions & Answers”