Sorting imported music

Please post general questions about MainLobby here
jlcrawford

Sorting imported music

Postby jlcrawford » Sat May 17, 2014 3:12 am

I have a few issues with the music I am importing as it sorts any album where there are tracks with differing artists as a separate album.
I have my music stored under artist\album\trackname but in for say "Barbara Striesand duets" I get numerous albums in ML erach containg one track.
I excluded from the search my "various" artist folder which contains compilation Albums as this yields a huge number of albums for the same reason.

Is this normal or have I got a search setting astray?

TIA
Jeff Crawford ignorant but willing to learn

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Sorting imported music

Postby sonypoolplr » Sat May 17, 2014 9:03 am

I believe that this is the way that it is setup. I thought that there used to be a way to sort the music selections by album instead of artist, but I am not seeing that when I look at the scenes on my ipad, so maybe that feature went away?? Hopefully Dave can comment fuller on this.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sorting imported music

Postby CinemarDave » Sat May 17, 2014 10:56 am

When MusicLobby is importing the tracks it reads the album artist name from the embedded tags in the song. If there are multiple names then each artist gets credit for the album. You can use Content Manager to remove any of the extra albums that get created and only keep the primary one.

If you have compilation albums then it is suggested that those live is a "Various Artists\Album Name\ folder structure.

Return to “MainLobby Questions & Answers”