Some general ML4 prepurchase questions

Please post general questions about MainLobby here
Mr. Spock

Some general ML4 prepurchase questions

Postby Mr. Spock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Thinking of going all-in with ML in a Jan/Feb 2013 purchase. In looking at the new arrangements I have some questions on what is in certain packages.

1) I want to do a fair amount of whole house announcements through my Nuvo GC system. What does ML offer for text to speech? Does it have speech flexibility similar to homeseer (more than just play a .wav file)?
2) I'm seriously considering the unlimited license package. From the web site it seems to include EVERYTHING but the GUI libraries. Does it include ML4 client, Weblobby, photo lobby, legacy plugins, and IOS/Android clients?
3) Where is the wiki info? When I click on wiki (help) from the music lobby web page it takes me to a strange Cinema page that has no real information on it. I want to start to understand the programing language and syntax.
Live long and prosper.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some general ML4 prepurchase questions

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:58 pm

1) I want to do a fair amount of whole house announcements through my Nuvo GC system. What does ML offer for text to speech? Does it have speech flexibility similar to homeseer (more than just play a .wav file)?

MLServer via the AVAgent has full text to speech capabilities using the Windows text to speech api.

2) I'm seriously considering the unlimited license package. From the web site it seems to include EVERYTHING but the GUI libraries. Does it include ML4 client, Weblobby, photo lobby, legacy plugins, and IOS/Android clients?

Unlimited covers everything except WebLobby and all the other GUIGraphix libraries excluding Library 19 which remains free.

3) Where is the wiki info? When I click on wiki (help) from the music lobby web page it takes me to a strange Cinema page that has no real information on it. I want to start to understand the programming language and syntax.

MusicLobby works just like it did in V3 with a few additional features. All the supported commands are covered in the Command Builder. The Sample Client scenes have fully functional scenes for all the apps. Experimenting with the V4 apps is the best way to get familiar with everything. You can install V4 on the same PC as V3 you just cannot run both at the same time. I'd suggest making the switch to V4 now. If your trials run out before you are ready to buy we can extend the trial.

Mr. Spock

Postby Mr. Spock » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 am

Cool. Any chance you'll be having a Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's sale this year?
Live long and prosper.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:20 am

The best answer to that question is maybe. At this point in time we don't know when it will occur.

Return to “MainLobby Questions & Answers”