Supported regional settings

Please post general questions about MainLobby here
henris

Supported regional settings

Postby henris » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:37 am

Does the MLServer or MLClient officially support using regional settings other than US English? I'm building my first ever ML-environment and especially the Content Manager is acting weirdly when I'm using Finnish regional settings. For example creating manually a single movie with Title information only and then re-opening it gives an error regarding converting "0.0" to integer. This seems like a regional settings problem since in Finnish comma "," is the decimal separator. So the question is, is the MainLobby solution built for using different regional settings?

Best Regards,
Henri Suuronen

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Supported regional settings

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:26 pm

>>> is the MainLobby solution built for using different regional settings?

Yes, but there are still some instances where we might have missed something. Can you post the line number displayed when you find these issues? I'll get it fixed right away.

henris

Postby henris » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:15 am

Thank you for a speedy response and good to hear that international regional settings are supported. Below is a list of issues I have so far detected. Switching to English US settings did remove all of these. I will post any further findings to this thread and also update the status when fixes become available. If this thread should be located in some other area just move it there.

Issues most likely related to non English regional settings:
1. [SUBMITTED] Content Manager, When opening a previously created movie an error message is displayed "Error at LoadMovie at line #0 . Conversion from string "0.0" to type 'integer' is not valid". Movie Editor is opened but only part of the data is populated.
2. [SUBMITTTED] WeatherLobby, error logged "SetSunRiseSetVariables Error at SetSunRiseSetVariables at line #1052 - Index was outside the bounds of the array."

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 am

Okay, I know where those are taking place. Like you suggested I failed to compensate for the commas in numbers in a few locations. I'll get them fixed shortly.

Return to “MainLobby Questions & Answers”