Converting content folder to HTML

Please post general questions about MainLobby here
Dkip

Converting content folder to HTML

Postby Dkip » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Is there a way for me to import/convert my existing content folder to the web server in ML3? If not is there a designer available to create ipad/web pages?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Converting content folder to HTML

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:20 am

At this point in time there is no way to convert your mls scenes to equivalent HTML pages. It is in our plans to offer this capability in the future. In the meantime we are about to release a complete set of HTML pages suitable for IPads and Android tablets. These web apps will work for all our core V4 applications and device drivers.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:04 am

CinemarDave wrote:In the meantime we are about to release a complete set of HTML pages suitable for IPads and Android tablets.

Thats great news! Maybe some day Apple will allow flash, but it probably was in Steve's will to never net it happen.
Last edited by shakey on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:04 am

Part of Steve's legacy is that because of his refusal to allow Flash on iDevices Adobe now has discontinued trying to support Flash on any mobile device. It's an HTML5 world now and Flash on mobile devices is dead and buried. For a while I was testing the native MainLobby client on my Asus Eee Pad and while it worked fine performance was horrible. And you could hear the battery being sucked dry...

Dkip

Postby Dkip » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
I guess I am going to have to learn HTML most of my content is not fancy but it is costume to my home. I under utilize the program we use it mostly for video distribution and multi room audio
Can you recommend a program that would help me with the creation html pages for ML?
Should I be upgrading to ML4

Dave K

Ps. Is there any talk about an apple TV plug in?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Everybody should be upgrading to ML4. But then again I'm biased :wink: However you will see a noticeable performance increase when you go to ML4.

The easiest way to learn HTML is by example and experimentation and good use of Google. We do realize that few of our users want to become HTML experts that is why we are actively working on ways to port to HTML. It just takes development time.

At this point in time there are no plans for an Apple TV plugin.

Return to “MainLobby Questions & Answers”