one set of Dim/Bright buttons to control all lights

Teece

one set of Dim/Bright buttons to control all lights

Postby Teece » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:44 pm

Can someone fill me in on how to accomplish this in HAL? I've gotten all my lights set up in my new scenes, but I can't figure out how to use one set of buttons to dim and brighten my lights. Also how would I use a status bar in HAL to show the bright/dim level of the selected light?

jeffx
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffx » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:51 pm

I do this with Keypadlinc's and Controlinc's by linking all my lights to individual buttons. Holding the button(s) down does a whole house dim, it's actually pretty impressive, watching 36+ lights all dimming in syncronization.

I have not had good luck with lighting groups in HAL firing lights on and off consistently (not the fault of HAL, I think it is more related to the SDM). I just updated to yet another newer firmware Powerlinc V2, so I'm going to try creating some PLC groups again this weekend.
HAL2000 - JRMC 11 - ML3 - MuL3 - NetRemote Pro 1 - Insteon - M-Audio Delta 410 - Sonic Impact T-Amps - Honeywell Security

Teece

Postby Teece » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:18 pm

Hey Jeff, thanks for the reply! However, I think you're not seeing what I'm trying to accomplish, I didn't do a very good job explaining myself. Let me try again. What I'm trying to do is dim/brighten my lights (separately) from MainLobby using only two generic buttons, one for brighten and one for dim. I don't want to have a brighten and dim button for each of my lights. Currently I have a scene built that has an overlay pop up that has buttons for all my lights. I also have two separate buttons off to the side for dimming and brightening. Is there a way to set up those dim/brighten buttons so when I select a light I can use the dim/brighten set of buttons for only that light? Is there a command that I have to attach to each light button that sets that light as current and then another command that sets the dim/brighten buttons to control the currently selected light? I need some help!

jeffx
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffx » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:35 pm

this is how I have my main lobby hal lighting scene set up:

one button for each light that indicates on or off status, then the following buttons at the bottom--off, 25%, 50%, 75% & ON.

So I first select the dim level then press the appropriate light button. makes it easy to set a room full of lights to the same dim level. I just select the dim then press all the appropriate lights one after another.
HAL2000 - JRMC 11 - ML3 - MuL3 - NetRemote Pro 1 - Insteon - M-Audio Delta 410 - Sonic Impact T-Amps - Honeywell Security

Return to “HAL”