How to set up channel buttons?

TheCodeMan

How to set up channel buttons?

Postby TheCodeMan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:48 am

I've started to program my IR database and create my scenes for satellite TV viewing. I am playing with the included network logo buttons for several TV channels. I am using the USBUIRT to send the signal. I have adjusted the delay command between each channel number but for some reason, I am unable to get the channel to change. The channels I'm trying to program in the button are all three digits such as 225. I have tried various delay settings between each digit but when I press the button in MainLobby, at the most two digits appear and it is always the first two digits. As in the example above, 22 will appear. The 5 never appears so the channel never changes. I have completely removed the delays and I still get the same results. The equipment is a standard DirecTV D11-300 box.

Does anyone have any tested settings for programming a channel button for these boxes.

lathanm
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby lathanm » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:19 pm

Does is work on channels without repeated digits? For example if you send 456 does it come out correctly? If you send the digits from a server side macro? Try sending 3 channel up commands to see if they are received correctly.
Hacker /n./ One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations.

Pass the popcorn, the movie is starting!

http://project2501.tzo.com/gallery/automation
http://project2501.tumblr.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:53 pm

Mudslide03 has similar issues. You might want to search for his IR posts to see what fixed his situation.

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby MurrayW » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:04 pm

Codeman,
Are you trying to use this through TVLobby or are you just trying to hard code some channel numbers with buttons? Mudslide03 was having some issues getting the correct channels sent through TVLobby's interface, but had no problems getting the channel change to work from a hard coded button.

Are you sure that the "5" was learned correctly by your USBUIRT? If you try to send the channel 252 instead of 225, do you get 25 displayed?

Post your code you are using and let us know whether it is from a button or TVLobby and I am sure you can get some help getting this resolved.

Murray

Return to “USBUIRT”