Problem with Ignoring duplicate Event

synchroman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Problem with Ignoring duplicate Event

Postby synchroman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:25 pm

Here is the problem If you have MLusbuirt Ignoring duplicate Event... There is no way to use a macro to lets say go to the next song in musics lobby or goto the next chapter in a movie..

You hit next song button on your remote and it goes to the next song... You hit the next song button on your remote again...

MLSUBUIRT ignores that event...

Do you see the problem....

Let me know....

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:11 am

I ended up reprogramming all my Prontos to send two IR commands each time a button is pressed, the second command always being a "dummy" command so that when you press any button a second time USBUIRT will not see a duplicate.

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Is this still the way this works?

I just got one of these and was thinking about running all my IR through the plugin, but if this is the case, I think I'll keep my other IR receiver for controlling TheaterTek as the simple act of moving around a menu would be tedious.

It does appear that the USBUIRT will co-exist with my other receiver.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:47 pm

I don't use IR anymore for my setup, but Dave fixed this in the USBUIRT plugin some time back.

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:09 pm

greyt wrote:I don't use IR anymore for my setup, but Dave fixed this in the USBUIRT plugin some time back.

That's interesting, because I tried it out and it did seem to have this problem still - subsequent key presses were ignored. Now, if you kept pressing the same key it would eventually pick it up but it was a bit tricky to figure out how long you had to wait between presses.

Anyway, my existing receiver seems to co-exist with the UIRT okay and it works flawlessly with TT. So, I can just use the USBUIRT/plugin for the things I can't normally control with IR (like full power up/down, aspect control, etc.)

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:12 pm

the version I was using had a timer to set how long to wait before processing the same command again if it saw duplicates. I was pretty sure this version got released?

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:39 pm

greyt wrote:the version I was using had a timer to set how long to wait before processing the same command again if it saw duplicates. I was pretty sure this version got released?

Ah...that must be what "debounce milliseconds" is. Good to know. Thanks.

Return to “USBUIRT”