Can't get USB-UIRT working again

ajlessard

Can't get USB-UIRT working again

Postby ajlessard » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi, all...

I've read the recent threads that seem related to my problem but haven't found anything to help; I'm probably not expert enough to know if the solution is in there somewhere.

I've had ML and DVDLobby running for 4 years with little problem, but recently my PC died and I've had to reinstall on a new PC. I'm running MLServer 1.3.5, with ML 2.70g. Yes, I know it's old, but it works. :)

I've copied everything over and everything works...got the video driver to allow me to display on my HDTV, the DVD database shows up, and I can control my Sony 777. However, I simply cannot get the remote control piece working.

I'm using a USB-UIRT, and it's hooked up properly. The driver is installed, and the plug-in is in MLServer, along with FTD2SXX and uuirtdrv. I also moved the USBUIRT.MDB database over.

When I go into MLServer and configure MLUSBUIRT. I see the Macro and Database buttons. There is nothing in Macro except "TheaterOn". The database seems to be my old database: in USB-UIRT there is "DVD", "ML" and "RUSSOUND". Under "ML" are 6 commands, and I vaguely remember setting this all up 4 years ago. If I click on one of the commands, say "Down", I see data in the Data window in Raw format....same for the other 5 commands.

So all of this looks fine, except that it doesn't work. In USB-UIRT Options window I see the log (Firmware=5.5, ProtVer=1.1). When I hit the Down button on the remote I get
Event [7D807F2096EA)
ERROR: Unknown Event [7D807F2096EA]

Oddly, if I hit the Down button more times sometimes I'll see a different event. And of course, going into ML I can't use the remote buttons to move around in the menu.

I've tried to get the plu-in to learn the commands again: I click "Down", then "Learn", then use the down key on the remote to feed into the USB-UIRT. It looks like it learns a code, and I save, but back in ML the new command doesn't work either.

Any ideas? I just want to get back to working before I contemplate upgrading to 3.0.

Thanks...

Arthur

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:28 pm

If you are contemplating upgrading, do it now and then get it working.

ajlessard

Postby ajlessard » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:03 pm

While I'm contemplating, I hadn't decided, nor scraped together the funds. :)

Just trying to get a working system back to working. Any ideas wy it may not be working, given what I've written?

ajlessard

Postby ajlessard » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:40 am

Thought I'd ask here too: I'm running on MLUSBUIRT 1.1, and getting the repeat macro problem when I hit some buttons (usually ENTER). I can't find the upgrade (v 1.5?) anywhere available for download - it's not an active link in the list of available plugins. Where can I find a copy of the latest so I can try the feature that supresses duplicates?

Thanks again...

ajl

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Version 1.6.20 can be found in MLInstaller.

Return to “USBUIRT”