How do you know USBUIRT is communicating with ML?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

How do you know USBUIRT is communicating with ML?

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Seems to work on its own (once again) but not from ML. I've had this problem a thousand times and have never been able to determine how or what to test since you can’t go to the plugin settings and send a test signal. I am using ver 1.5 and assume that the .dll is automatically registered since I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Usually a reinstall or unplugging the USB will make it work but its been a while and I forget all the little details that I need to check to make it work and I forget how to manually register the .dll or where its supposed to be at, but this should be done by the newer install program, yes?.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:29 pm

OK, I did figure (actually remember) how to test the command from the plugin options but as I also remember this still doesn’t prove a thing since it doesn’t work with the full command line in ML "MLServeCmd.MLUSBUIRT|SendIR~Switch~A" but It does work with this in the plugin "Testing Command" area.
“SendIR~Switch~A”.

Why would it work from the plugin testing area and standalone without ML but not in ML?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:49 pm

All ports are set to 7000 but it still acts like it cannot communicate with USBUIRT from ML, do the port settings have anything to do with it?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:12 pm

Is MLUSBUIRT.dll supposed to be registered anywhere else but “C:\Program Files\MLServer\Plugins”?

bhiga
Expert
Expert

Postby bhiga » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:44 pm

Does it work if you issue the command from the Send Commands box in MLServer?
- Brandon
My MainLobby stuff (plug-ins, screenshots, etc)

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:08 pm

bhiga wrote:Does it work if you issue the command from the Send Commands box in MLServer?

Yes, it works everywhere but from Main Lobby. I have the "IR Helper" program to test the IR Blaster and it works fine from there too.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:48 am

Obivously, you'd want to make sure when you do test from MainLobby that your client is connected and you see it entering the MLServer log and then the USBUIRT log. You'll need to start logging in the MLUSBUIRT plugin.

You mentioned an IR Helper program. Only one device can have communication with the USBUIRT at a time. So if you are loading this IR Helper program and it communicates with the USBUIRT, the USBUIRT may never reconnect without first shutting down the IR Helper program and then either restarting MLServer or possibly even the computer. It's possible that program never lets go of the port.

Make sure the iR Helper program isn't loading on startup or at all.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 am

IR Helper is not running, I only used it to prove that the blaster is communicating with the computer and it is, plus I can issue a command from the plugin test window and it works.

Nothing shows up in any log I can find, nothing in the USBUIRT plugin log and nothing in the MLS event error log either, its simply not communicating from ML to MLS. What do I check now?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:56 am

Kingdaddy,

Per your other thread...your port settings from MainLobby to MLServer should be port 5004 not 7000.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “USBUIRT”