Trouble installing in ML after rebuild..

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Trouble installing in ML after rebuild..

Postby kingdaddy » Sat May 12, 2007 10:42 pm

I get an error when I try to register the .dll in Windows System32 folder. I don’t even know if I'm supposed to manually register it anymore, but this tells me something is wrong here as it don’t work in ML, it works from IR Helper though.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat May 12, 2007 10:45 pm

What dll?
The USBUIRT driver? You need to allow Windows to discover the hardware and then you point the install wizard to the dll.

You also need the MLUSBUIRT.dll driver registered with Windows in the MLServer\Plugins directory.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat May 12, 2007 11:02 pm

smoothtlk wrote:You also need the MLUSBUIRT.dll driver registered with Windows in the MLServer\Plugins directory.

Thats the part I'm having trouble with, Here is a screen shot of what happens if I try to regester or unregister the uuirtdrv.dll in Windows System32 folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat May 12, 2007 11:42 pm

What ever it is, is in ML or MLS as I can send and receive commands all day long from IR Helper utility.

Here is the option window contents, note the error.

Firmware=5.9
ProtVer=1.1
Firmware Date=3/26/2004
Config = 3 (LED_RX=True, LED_TX=True, LEGACY_RX=False)
Event: [8055400050D4]
ERROR: Unknown Event [8055400050D4]

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat May 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Here is what happens when I send a cut and paste command from the USBUIRT database.

Firmware=5.9
ProtVer=1.1
Firmware Date=3/26/2004
Config = 3 (LED_RX=True, LED_TX=True, LEGACY_RX=False)
Event: [8055400050D4]
ERROR: Unknown Event [8055400050D4]
Got: [MLServeCmd.MLUSBUIRT|SendIR~Switch~B]
Unsupported command [MLServeCmd.MLUSBUIRT|SendIR~Switch~B]
Got: [MLServeCmd.MLUSBUIRT|SendIR~Switch~B]
Unsupported command [MLServeCmd.MLUSBUIRT|SendIR~Switch~B]

Why is the command suddenly unsupported?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun May 13, 2007 6:49 am

Make sure you are using the USB_UIRT hardware, the MLUSBUIRT plugin and the correct uuirtdrv.dll and NOT mixing with MLUSBIR6 components.

You do NOT need to register the uuirtdrv.dll in System32. Windows will discover your hardware and properly register the hardware dll driver with Windows in the special drivers directory (that Windows maintains).

You can allow MLServer to register the MLUSBUIRT.dll in the Plugins directory. At least in your post you are mixing things up.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sun May 13, 2007 11:53 am

I don’t understand how I'm mixing things up, I'm using the same method and same drivers and files I always have, this must be the 10th time I've set this up and never had a problem before, I just couldn’t remember if you were still supposed to manually register or not. However its obvious now that I dont have to manually register as it is working outside ML just fine, it just wont work within ML, in fact nothing will work within ML.

Was there a new version of ML or MLS recently released? I just went to the download page at Cenimar and re-downloaded all the programs instead of reusing the ones I had on my old HD and this kind of problem always seems to happen when a new version is released. Maybe I should just reinstall them all with the versions I have saved on my old drive just to be sure, but if these are newer versions then It would be nice to get them working, I know that DVD lobby is a newer version then I was using and it doesn’t work properly as I explain in the DVD Lobby forum.

This is really a crippling problem as USBUIRT is controlling everything in my system, please help if you can.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun May 13, 2007 12:15 pm

How did you move the USBUIRT device info from one PC to another?
Did you relearn your IR devices? Do they appear to still be setup in the MLUSBUIRT plugin?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Mon May 14, 2007 9:40 am

A complete uninstall and reinstall of the older versions and then updating to the newer versions fixed everything. I copied over all the IR commands from my other HD. Evidently there are some files or some folders and configuration that the new versions of MLS and ML don’t do correctly as this also fixed my DVD Lobby problem, although I’m not sure I’m actually running the latest version of DVD Lobby as the plugin interface where you add movies looks the same and as I remember it, the new version has a different interface. So maybe most of the problems with that lays in the new version of DVD Lobby.

Once again bitten by glitches in the upgrades, this time there is no excuse as it was a completely new computer and freshly formatted HD with nothing else on it and all new downloads of the latest versions of ML, MUL, MLS and DVD Lobby.

Return to “USBUIRT”