ML Server Sends Random Play and Pause Cmds to Sony DVD Playe

wowgogs

ML Server Sends Random Play and Pause Cmds to Sony DVD Playe

Postby wowgogs » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:08 am

Hey there,
I am new to the site. I got everything all setup and working.
But there is something annoying happening. When we are watching movies about every 15 min the Play symbol shows up on the screen. So I went and checked the ML Server log and sure enough it was sending random Play and Pause cmds while we were watching the movie.
I had the main Lobby Closed out so it wasn't that doing the cmds.
Any ideas?

Also is there a way to put in a cmd so when you click to start a DVD if the Sony is not on then it turns it on first. Because right now if you are upstairs you don't know if the unit is on and the play DVD doesn't turn it on.

Also last thing is there a way to display the actors and more movie info in the Main Lobby Screens?

Ryan

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:23 pm

Ryan,
Welcome to the Cinemar forum.
First - are you using a Sony CX777ES?
Are you connected via RS232 (serial cable)?

Here is a sample powerup cmd:

Preventing Sony's AutoPlay Feature when powering on the Changer
Assign this MLServeCmd to the Power function in MLServer's MLDVDLobby Plugin. This will Power on the Changer then pause for 30 sends and send the Stop command.
MLServeCmd.Macro|MLCX777ES|Power!MLPause|30!MLCX777ES|Stop

Very unusual for "random" MLServecmds to be sent. I suspect it's not "random". Post your movie launch MLServeCmd (what you put in MLServer's DVDLobby plugin). I wonder if there is a Pause that is "300 seconds" vs. "300 miliseconds" or something like that.

There is a third party plugin called MLDVDQuery that might help your question of showing movie info on a custom scene. Might be a bit advanced for someone just getting involved, but search and take a look.

wowgogs

Postby wowgogs » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi,

Yes I am using a Sony CX777ES. Everything seems to work fine. I can browse my DVDs and then click and start the one I wish. The pc connects to the changer and starts that DVD. But the problem I am having is that it seems the pc sends it a play cmd every 10 min or so and if I try and pause the dvd with the remote the pc with instantly send it a play cmd so there is no way to pause a movie. Very annoying. this happens with and without clients connected to the server.

I have this cmd in the DVDlobby settings under default play cmd MLServeCmd.MLCX777ES|DiscDirect~<<CHANGERLOCATION>>~1~1~<<CHANGERNUMBER>>

And in the MLCD777ES plugin I just have under triggers 1 cmd in each of the tabs example under play I have MLServeCmd.MLCX777ES|Play~1
and power on I have MLServeCmd.MLCX777ES|PowerOn~1

So I am not sure what is wrong.

On a side note.
Is there a way to read back the status of the unit to tell me if power is on or off?

Thanks
Ryan

Return to “Sony”