STOP COMMAND whit disk playing

johnj

STOP COMMAND whit disk playing

Postby johnj » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:05 pm

I am trying to figure out how to tell the CX77ES to pause and stop only if a dvd in not playing. For example I currently tell the CX77ES to turn on when MainLobby loads. I use to have the pause and stop commands in the same location in a macro but that kept stopping the movie when I used back scene from DVD Lobby to return to Main Lobby.

Can someone please provide a good way to run the stop command only if a movie is not playing?

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:07 pm

A conditional is essential to what you're talking about. Whether the conditional is based on YOU tracking the "state" of things (by adding some "state-tracking-var" to every releveant command :shock:) or by trying to use the 2-way state information from the CX777 plugin is your call. The former's reliability is up to you; the latter is dependent on the plugin and the device... which have not been 100% reliable in my experience.

johnj

Postby johnj » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:10 am

gregoryx,

Thanks for your response. Can you provide some information on how to do either of your suggestions. I have thought of a condition but I don't know how to make it work correctly.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:56 am

Spell out what you've thought of thus far; that'll give us a starting point. If you can't articulate it, can you articulate how you think the two alternatives above might work?

Do you know where you'd find those vars?

Keep in mind that my post was not vague because I'm holding out, but because I'm not doing this - and I haven't seen anyone else post that they have. It's quite probable that others are not tracking the current state other than by the auto-built variables. If so, you've got some work and testing to do.

So... where do you see it standing?

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:05 am

I use Homeseer to track whether or not the DVD players are playing or not. I put a command into each discs play command that turns a variable on in Homeseer if the player is playing. That way if after say 30 minutes of nothing being played the players shut off. I have the players coming on when the DVDLobby scene is loaded.

johnj

Postby johnj » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:03 pm

gregoryx,

I read through all the other post on the sony. The post entitled "CX777ES 2-way?" suggests that you can track the variables but does not give a discrpition of how to track or what can be done with the information you receive from tracking. Tracking seems like it would be the easiest way if there are if/then commands that could be used. For instance if you can track the status then you could say if playing then_____. But I can not find the syntax to track the status or the commands to use once I have the status.

The only other option I could think of was to open notepad or some other rarely used program every time I turn on the sony. Then I can us an MLconditional Isrunning to check to see if notepad is running before I tell the sony to stop. But this wont work for the first time I turn the sony on so I am stumped.

I am considering buying homeseer in the next few months to expand my small home automation system. Maybe I will need to wait until then and track as sonypoolplr does.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:04 pm

The "status" info is in variables in MLServer that start with CX777___ and detailed in the plugin docs. Does that help a bit?

Check those out. I bet they're at least as accurate as sonypoolplr describes with HS... perhaps more-so if used carefully.

johnj

Example

Postby johnj » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:02 am

gregoryx,

I have been playing with this a little and I am just not getting it. Can you give me an example of how to poll the status and how to use the status once I have it?

THANKS!

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:12 pm

Have you found the variables list in MLServer? You should be able to build your conditionals on all the variables, such as MLConditional|IsEqual##{{CX777ES_1_Status}}##Play##Run.Command.Macro.1##Run.Command.Macro.2 where Run.Command.Macro is whatever...

Return to “Sony”