Sony DVP CX77ES Question

PP
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby PP » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:12 am

Hi I wanted it at the end because if it is off it would send the command without needing the delay. If it is on it would be ignored. Yes it misses the DVD load command but just the first time. I guess the best answer would be to have the plugin corrected to use the toggle power on / off.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:03 am

Maybe I'm missing something, but how does issueing the PowerOn command at the end going to help? If the unit isn't on, then the DiscDirect commands won't work anyway, Right? I put a PowerOn and PowerOff buttons on my DVDLobby screen for both of my changers and it works OK. I guess you could put the PowerOn command in at the front of the macro and then issue a MLpause command of say 30-45 seconds to let the changer power on and be ready for the next command, but I don't know if that is best or not.

You're right. My preference (as I said wrote previously) is to have the PowerOn issued when the DVDLobby scene starts, and, (if there's not a scene change in the mean time) to send Poweroff when you exit. It will usually take at least 30 seconds to find the movie you want, by which time the changer will be ready to play it.

:idea: If you have more than one changer, you could power them both on when the scene starts, then put a conditional in the Default Play command to power off the changer that's not in use.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:59 pm

I guess I was looking at it from me having to show my wife how to use it. I like the idea of starting the changers when you start DVDLobby. I have a variable I set with the presently playing movie so I could also have one set so if the movie is playing then don't shut down the changers on exit. Thanks, I like seeing other ways to do things.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:24 pm

I guess I was looking at it from me having to show my wife how to use it

I operate with WAF (wife acceptance factor) as a very high priority. Mine is so technophobic that if she had to remember to turn something on or off, she wouldn't use the system. That's why I try to automate everything I can, down to having a room light come on when you hit pause, and go off when you hit play.

. . .and it has to be "bulletproof" It's a challenge, but I enjoy every minute. :wink:

(my default play command bounces the user to a "now playing" screen, so my perspective on leaving DVDLobby may be a bit different. That's the beauty of this software - you can make it fit your vision, not the reverse)

bhiga
Expert
Expert

Postby bhiga » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:29 am

Wives/spouses are the best QA you can ever find... Mine always manages to break my stuff. :lol:
- Brandon
My MainLobby stuff (plug-ins, screenshots, etc)

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:10 am

bhiga wrote:Wives/spouses are the best QA you can ever find... Mine always manages to break my stuff. :lol:

I'll agree with THAT! :lol:

Cameras007

Postby Cameras007 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:37 pm

When referring to the DEFAULT PLAY line what exactly are you referring to? Within DVDLobby, Within the Sony Plugin under settings? Please specifically list everywhere that this "new" default play command must be entered for the disk to be loaded and played. I think this would help clarify things. :?
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." ISAAC ASIMOV

Return to “Sony”