StR-DA9000ES RECEIVER PLUG-INS

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:39 am

I noticed in a recent post that the latest ES-presso software update mentioned "Added Windows Messages definitions to allow ES-PressO to be controlled by other application the expose the Windows SendMessage API."

Does this mean it may be able to be controlled by a plug in now?

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:04 am

bump :)

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:46 am

Mosleyh,

Thanks for the "bump". I am glad to know that I am not the only one still thinking about this. I would love to have integrated control of my Sony receiver. By the way SteveV has released another version of ES-pressO.

You can download at http://www.vibert.us/es-presso/download.htm

He does have it working with Windows message definitions. Is there a way to send these from MainLobby?

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:09 pm

Hey guys,

I forwarded this program to Dave, he is one of the plug-in developers here.

At last contact, he was starting to develop a MLS plug-in for the sony receivers. Hopefully we'll see some progress soon.

I wonder (as I think you do) if a Windows Messaging Plugin might do the job in the short term, and have utility beyond this one use.

Any developers out there with too much free time?

Is this reasonable/possible :?:

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:42 am

So far I am doing fine with one way control of my 'DA3ES via my Slink-e, but a plug in would still be nice.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:27 pm

I am voting for a plug-in. The problem is I don't know how to write one. Windows messaging plug-in would be nice too.

Man I'm needy.

jkbs

Postby jkbs » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:50 pm

I also would appreciate this plug in. (I have the 4ES receiver).

BernieBl

Postby BernieBl » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:04 pm

I also have a 4ES receiver and would love a plug-in like this. Hope some generous soul is brave enough to attack it !

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:48 am

I too would love to have a plug-in to control my Sony STR-DA7ES. I currently have one-way serial control, but have been unsuccessful at two-way control so far.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:13 pm

I too would love to have a plug-in to control my Sony STR-DA7ES. I currently have one-way serial control, but have been unsuccessful at two-way control so far.

What are you using? GenericSerial? Something else? I've given some thought to trying GenericSerial for power on/ off, etc., but I'm still hoping for a plugin. . .

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:56 pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I just moved to Sunny Florida at the beginning of September and just got internet connectivity. I'm using the Multi-Generic Serial Plugin to control my Sony STR-DA7ES via RS232. Attached is my Hex Codes for the plugin to use if you want. I've been very successful at controlling my receiver one-way, but not two-way at this time. Good Luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:38 am

I've been corresponding with Steve, the author of ES-pressO, and got this reply when I inquired about deciphering the RS-232 for use in ML.

It’s really a shame the ML doesn’t support SendMessage functionality. It’s should be pretty trivial to implement and would make it very easy to control ES-PressO (and other applications). Hopefully, you’ll be able to pull enough info out of the log to help decipher what commands you need to do what you’re looking for.

As an alternative, does ML allow you to launch an app with command line parameters? If so, I might be able to put together a small command line app that you could call from ML. The command line would take MessageNumber, WPARAM and LPARAM values outlined in the ES-PressO Windows Message Definitions document. A command line to set zone 1 volume to -30 might look something like:

es-pressoctrl.exe 32869 1 -30

The es-pressoctrl application would handle the SendMessage stuff internally. There would be a bit of a performance penalty but it shouldn’t be too bad.

Any thoughts folks?

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:13 am

mosleyh,

I did this same thing about a month ago. I corresponded with Steve, got the same answer and passed the info on to a few folks. Never received any responses though. It's great that Steve is willing to help us with an intermediary program. I hope that something will come out of this as it seems so many are interested.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:19 am

TKelley,

Thanks for posting this. Are all three downloads the same file? I have the RS-232 protocol docs but have never been able to figure out the checksum procedure. Do you have a checksum verifier of some kind to help with this?

I need commands for the 2nd zone functions, specifically Zone 2 on/off and Zone 2 direct input selections.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:04 am

So, I've been beating my head against the proverbial wall ](*,) , trying to use the Generic serial plugin for 2-way control. I learned enough about the protocol and the plugin ask a couple of pointed questions, and the response wasn't promising. :(

By way of saving others the effort of going down this particular dead end, you can see it in this thread:

http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34353#34353

Return to “Sony”