StR-DA9000ES RECEIVER PLUG-INS

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:46 am

Ok - now I know where to look and what to fix. Stand by for an update.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:48 am

Easy Fix. will be out soon. Thanx for posting the error info.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:11 pm

Version 1.0.11 fixes the startup errors and is available for download in the beta section.

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:18 pm

I was able to download and install the plug-in successfully. The problem I am having now is as soon as I open the plug-in settings to configure it, my edgeport8 port fails on any port that I am connected to the receiver, almost like a port conflict.

Once I shut MLServer3 down my edgeport8 goes green and all is okay. I'm continuing to look to a port conflict, but I'm not finding anything.

Have any suggestions?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:16 pm

any possibility you are using wrong serial cable? Null vs. straight? Anything shorted? Try using the motherboard port first, then move to the edgeport.

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:38 pm

I'm using the right cable "Null Modem" and I can control the receiver through a program called "Express-O" successfully using edgeport8 on port 2 / COM port 5.

I can shut that program down and start MLServer3 release 357 and the edgeport goes from a green to a yellow light.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:41 pm

Run the plugin with the receiver plugged into a motherboard comport first. Get it working there. Too many variable here to troubleshoot.

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:45 pm

Plugged into COM Port 2 on the motherboard. Nothing through the plug-in, but I'm able to launch Express-O and using COM Port 2 I'm able to control my Sony STR-DA7ES.

It is getting late, so I start fresh tomorrow evening.

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:50 pm

Of all the whining I've seen in this forum about needing a plug-in for RS-232 control for Sony Receivers I can't believe I'm the only one testing this thing. :(

If you want this plug-in to suceed we need multiple testers in different environment and setups testing the heck out of this thing. Where are all the individuals that looking for this plug-in now??? It's here, lets start testing.

Sorry, my .02 for what it is worth.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:05 am

TKelley wrote:Of all the whining I've seen in this forum about needing a plug-in for RS-232 control for Sony Receivers I can't believe I'm the only one testing this thing. :(

If you want this plug-in to suceed we need multiple testers in different environment and setups testing the heck out of this thing. Where are all the individuals that looking for this plug-in now??? It's here, lets start testing.

Sorry, my .02 for what it is worth.

It's unfortunate - but we see it time and time again with many plugins.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:49 pm

When you are testing this plugin please turn on event logging in the plugin and post the contents of the event log. This will tell me what the plugin is doing. Of course if anyone wants to send me a Sony receiver that will speed up development / debug time :lol:

As soon as you select a comm port the plugin will start trying to poll the Sony for status updates. This may or may not be a good thing to do. But since you must poll the Sony to know what it is doing I thought this would be a good starting point.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:57 pm

Hey guys. I am going to start testing tomorrow. I have a Sony STR-DA4ES that I am controlling via the generic serial plug-in. I am excited to give it a try.

Davis

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:00 am

I've checked my connections and double checked the cable and all is correct. I'm using COM Port 2 configured at 9600,8.1 and when I attempt to "Test Power On" nothing happens. I can power down MLServer3 r361 and start Ex-Press-O using COM Port 2 with the same settings and control my DA7ES. I've copied the event log and enclosed it for your review.

I did notice one thing, the "Start Logging on Load" doesn't stay checked. You can check it, shutdown MLServer3 and start back up and it is unchecked and nothing is being logged.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:32 am

According to the log there is nothing coming back on the comm port from the receiver. Time to add in a few more messages and fix the logging on startup bug.

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:08 pm

Dave & Smooth,

Attached is the second test results. I changed to COM Port 1 and attempted to test the Power-On button unsuccessfully.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sony”