Slink-e and Sony TV

rtarver

Slink-e and Sony TV

Postby rtarver » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Picked up a slink-e off fleabay and am planning on connecting up to my tv set. Has/is anybody done/doing this? I haven't installed the software yet, but I found a copy of cdj on the net and downloaded mlslinke. Will I need a null-modem connection, or is the slink-e designed for a straight through cable? Also, any thoughts on command sets for Sony TV's? I haven't looked at the plugin yet, so I don't know if it has that information already coded up or not. I haven't spent much time researching this yet but hope to get further into it tomorrow. I'm really only wanting to control power off/on and possibly set zoom/aspect based on dvdlobby data.

Thanks,

Russ
Warp Speed now, and don't give me
any of that dilithium crystal crap!!!

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Re: Slink-e and Sony TV

Postby sfreiman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm controlling two different Sony TVs plus a ton of other Sony equipment via a Slink-e. What model TV do you have?

rtarver

Re: Slink-e and Sony TV

Postby rtarver » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:57 pm

It's a 42" rear projection dlp... forget the actual number 42kw... or something like that. I'll dig around in the garage and find the manual and actual model number if that'll help. Embarassingly, I think this tv is now about 5 years old. It's been suggested that I try a global cache unit as they'll do the same thing via contro-s.

It's a bit fustrating, I'm pretty sure the slink-e is working since I can get it to capture signals from the remote. But when I try and send them, nothing.

I dug around in the custom files and with the plugin a little. It doesn't look like there are direct commands for setting zoom and aspec ratios. I suppose I could set a state variable and track which mode I'm in, but that seems rather convoluted.

Russ
Warp Speed now, and don't give me

any of that dilithium crystal crap!!!

Return to “Sony”