Maximun number of DVD players that can be combined?

sugeray

Maximun number of DVD players that can be combined?

Postby sugeray » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:07 pm

What is the most 777es and 995v players you can connect together?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Probably as many as you can buy, since at least the CX777ES hasn't been sold by sony for months.

I think the plugin handles 8 or 16...can't remember.

From an IR perspective, there shouldn't be a real limit, other than how many you can uniquely address via IR. You may need a multizone IR controller like the USBIR6 which can spit out 6 unique zones of IR.

sugeray

Postby sugeray » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Ok, so the 777es is unlimited, but what about the 995v?
How many of those can you link, and can they work together with the 777es?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Some info on the 995V:

http://forum.cinemaronlineforums.com/vi ... hp?p=65087

You don't "Link" them, you send them an IR command. You typically would stick an IR emitter on the "eye" and then have MainLobby3 Server's USBIR6 send it IR messages. So, depending on how many sets of IR the changer supports X the number of IR zones is the answer to your question.

OK, so, how many do you need? How many DVDs are in your collection, and I assume you have decided not to rip DVDs to hard drive.

Yes, you can have combinations of IR changers, Serial CX777ES changers, DVDs on hard drive, BluRay on hard drive or DVDs in any one of the networked PCs optical drives, or in any one of up to eight firewire Powerfile or Sony XL1B changers. DVDLobby can coordinate them all (but it will take some configuration for each different type).

sugeray

Postby sugeray » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:47 am

I have a friend who works at sony, so I have 10-995v's and 4-777es. I work in the movie business and have the potential to fill them all up one day, so I would like to have everything combined into one long list of movies that can be searched by actors, directors, etc.

Return to “Sony”