Newbie needs help!

magabrem

Newbie needs help!

Postby magabrem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:47 pm

I have set up the MLServer 3.0.0420 and MLobby 3.00.107 along with TheaterTek DVD 2.0. I have imported movies into the DVD Lobby 3.75.171. I do have a copy of movies that I put on the hard drive of the computer to see if I can get the system to work. Everything seems to be working correctly except the TheaterTek portion. I have been able to open a movie by clicking on the DVD case in MLobby to start the movie with Cyberlink Power DVD. I want to use the TheaterTek to play the movies. I have the association with the IFO file, but it still will not open. Nothing happens. In the logging event of the TheaterTek plug in, the message continues to appear

"AutoKiller Slot #0 Error #11001 - No such host is known. The name is not an official hostname or alias, or it cannot be found in the database(s) being queried. This error may also be returned for protocol and service queries, and means the specified name could not be found in the relevant database."

The same message appears for TheaterTek as well as Autokiller.

I have gone through the directions exhaustively and now am looking to forums for help.

Thanks,

Marty

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm

Seems to be a mis-match in nost names. Look at the following image. The host column has the name of the PC where TheaterTek is running. I have two PCs configured. One named Dumpster and the other Nemo. You could also have the physical IP address of the PC in here as well. How does your setup compare? Also, have you gone into TheaterTek and enabled TCP/IP control?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

magabrem

Postby magabrem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Here is what it looks like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Edit the Host name in row 1 or 2. Is there a space after HTPC1? Is HTPC1 pingable by name?

magabrem

Postby magabrem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:27 pm

I am trying to work through this and making progress. Here is what I have now. It appears I am talking to the AutoKiller but not to TheaterTek yet. The movies will still not launch.

Also, I do not have any of the other computers on the list. Can I delete all but the one I am configuring?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Yes - delete all but the ones you are configuring. You will not see a connection to TheaterTek until it is launched by an Autokiller process.

magabrem

Postby magabrem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:47 pm

It looks like I am taking baby steps, but still making progress. TheaterTek still does not start. I am connected to AutoKiller and it seems to be giving the command. I also verified that the path in AutoKiller was correct. See attaches photo for any additional ideas or help.

Thanks,

Marty

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:51 pm

The /WINDOWSTATE command is not valid. What you are seeing there is some of the possible values. Everything in the { } is optional syntax showing some of the available parameters. Eliminate the TT Power Cmd entirely. TheaterTek should then launch in it's default state.

magabrem

Postby magabrem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Still no luck. I eliminated the entire command and TT will still not launch. Sorry for being a bother, but feel I am getting close. Any other recommendations?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Do you have the proper path to TT set in Autokiller?

Also post the log from both DVDLobby and TheaterTek plugins showing the play movie command being executed?

magabrem

Postby magabrem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:13 pm

I've checked it several times but will check it again for verification.

magabrem

Postby magabrem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:41 pm

I checked the path in AutoKiller and it is correct. Currently I'm not getting any logging in the DVD lobby logs. See jpg.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Put your TheateTek PC's IP address in the Host column in the TT plugin alias configuration. You may have some name resolution issues.

Also check that your firewall is allowing port 2663 and port 2664 traffic. That is another very likely issue. Antivirus Worm detection as well.

EDIT looks like you do have Autokiller connectivity. The TT plugin is not getting the command to launch the movie.

Did you post your movie play command? I'll have to look again... if not, please do.

Also, you mention TT 2.0. You have to be on TT 2.6 for this to work. Autokiller.exe has to be updated as well w/ the 2.6 upgrade.

magabrem

Postby magabrem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:57 pm

I will try your recommendations and let you know how it turns out. Meanwhile, I have the whole system working perfectly with WinDVD. Are there any real advantages to using TheaterTek over one of the more generic players?

Thanks,

Marty

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Yes, we have no two way control over WinDVD and have total control over TheaterTek. No comparison there.

Post your Play Movie command from DVDLobby plugin. I suspect that is where the issue is.

Return to “TheaterTek”