MLW800RF crashing MLHAL and HAL2000

jeffx
Intermediate
Intermediate

MLW800RF crashing MLHAL and HAL2000

Postby jeffx » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:57 am

I've been trying to get my MLW800RF plugin working, but it keeps crashing MLHAL/HAL2000. Even with the sensitivity set to 0, every time an x10 motion sensor gets triggered, it will log 2-3 x10 events. If I have MLHAL commands set to fire within the MLW800RF pluging, it will try to fire those commands 2-3 times (almost simultaneously) and I think these near-simultaneous commands are stepping on eachother and sending bad data to MLHAL/HAL2000.

How can I get the MLW plugin to fire off only 1 command per sensor event and keep it from crashing HAL?

It does not error out every time a sensor event occurs, but it will eventually crash within a few hours every time.

I have deactivated the MLW plugin and have had no issues for several days now.
HAL2000 - JRMC 11 - ML3 - MuL3 - NetRemote Pro 1 - Insteon - M-Audio Delta 410 - Sonic Impact T-Amps - Honeywell Security

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:00 am

jeffx,

Is it possible you've inadvertently created an infinite loop?

Where if you recieve say A1 then you send a command to HAL that then also sends out A1?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

jeffx
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffx » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:15 pm

Not creating a loop as the WGL is receiving wireless x10 signals only and is sent MLHAL Insteon device commands.

I also tried it where the WGL plugin would send MLHAL macro commands and the HAL macro would send the Insteon commands, but that seemed to cause the crash just as often.

I have not been able to pull MLS logs because I usually have to end-task on MLS also and the logs appear to reset when I restart MLS (is this by design????)
HAL2000 - JRMC 11 - ML3 - MuL3 - NetRemote Pro 1 - Insteon - M-Audio Delta 410 - Sonic Impact T-Amps - Honeywell Security

Return to “WGL Designs”