Generic Irrigation Driver and HAI

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Generic Irrigation Driver and HAI

Postby DaveB » Sat May 15, 2010 8:41 am

Mario and Dave;
How do you use the generic driver with MLIrrigation? What are the valid commands that it will send out? What devices will it connect to? Is there any documentation available? Could I possibly use it to send a command to the HAI panel?

What I am attempting to accomplish is to use the features of MLIrrigation to control the relays connected to the outputs of my HAI. I simply need MLIrrigation to have the ability to send generic commands via MLServer rather than out through a serial port. If this can not be accomplished, then the second best method would be to connect to a generic serial device like a K108.

I have had such poor success with RAIN8's that I do not want to invest for a third time.

HAI control of relay outputs has been rock solid for over a year. I simply want to integrate this with MLIrrigation.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Generic Irrigation Driver and HAI

Postby DaveB » Tue May 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Just bumping this one back up to keep it fresh.... :D
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 18, 2010 9:26 pm

I know I rewrote the Rain8 driver last year but to be honest I never paid attention to see if there was a generic driver or if it worked. I'll look at the code and see.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Hey thanks! The generic driver loads and seems to take commands, but I can not figure out what is sends out via the serial port. More important is to allow the main driver to send generic ML commands.

Example; when the irrigation module calls for zone 1 on; send the command to HAI to turn an output on....
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:10 pm

{RELOCATED FROM THE AUTOMATION RULES AREA}

Dave

I will try it once more. It actually is running on my system and has been for some time. I have both the RAIN8 and the Generic running. I have no RAIN8 connected. I will place a set variable command in a zone for Off and On as a test and will let you know. I will also copy this post over into the WGL area. You should actually rename the WGL are "Irrigation Lobby" or something like that.

I will report back...
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Dave - did testing. I found that nothing is coming out of the Generic Driver. I have attempted to simply set a variable, call HAI directly and call a command map macro. Nothing comes out. See the one shot of the log. Looks like that is what MLIrrigation is seeing the driver send back. See the shots. Let me know if there is anything else that you would like me to try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:10 am

Dave - Did you have any chance to take a look at this? I saw an update to the plug-in, but did not know if that had anything to do with this issue.

Thanks!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “WGL Designs”